The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 170 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#210273 - 01/11/11 01:34 AM "Lie To Me"
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Absolutely amazing TV show about deception detection (lies). Tonight is the 2nd season two-hour premiere. Yippee! Does anyone else like it?

Edited by Saundra (01/11/11 01:43 AM)
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#210274 - 01/11/11 02:45 AM Re: "Lie To Me" [Re: Saundra]
greene Offline

Loc: Atlanta,Georgia
Watching a we type! It is one of the few shows I seem to be enjoying at the moment. Its different.

#210276 - 01/11/11 02:47 AM Re: "Lie To Me" [Re: greene]
greene Offline

Loc: Atlanta,Georgia
That was supposed to be 'watching it as we type'. That is what happens when I don't proofread.

#210287 - 01/11/11 02:56 PM Re: "Lie To Me" [Re: greene]
Saundra Offline

Summary: Dr. Cal Lightman (Tim Roth) and his colleagues in The Lightman Group accept assignments from third parties (commonly local and federal law enforcement), and assist in investigations, reaching the truth through applied psychology: interpreting microexpressions, through the Facial Action Coding System, and body language.

The show is different because it's based on the real-life scientific discoveries of Paul Ekman. Actors must learn to act differently so their facial expressions reflect reality - not acting. Fascinating.

Do you know when someone is lying to you?

#210292 - 01/11/11 07:51 PM Re: "Lie To Me" [Re: Saundra]
Mountain Ash Offline

When I watch murder mystery drama..Midsommer Murders and Rebus I sense the double bluff in a plot and see the actor going along with that double bluff.Morse was always more clever...but if I haveread an author then watch a drama based on the authors genre then I see the "lie"
Agatha Christie is not as sophisticated as modern drama but I still enjoy watching Miss Marple .Some of the time its the stage set and scenery I enjoy .I also like theatre stage sets...
Scandanavian murder mystery is too clever for me..comes from a whole different stable.

#210294 - 01/11/11 08:24 PM Re: "Lie To Me" [Re: Mountain Ash]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Sorry. Don't read murder mysteries but do know some authors'
enjoy writing manuscripts where one thread can have double meaning. Been there. Done that.

#210296 - 01/11/11 08:45 PM Re: "Lie To Me" [Re: Mountain Ash]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
I love Tim Roth. He was good in "Legend of 1900" but, I like him better when he is nasty like in "Rob Roy" and "Pulp Fiction".

Is "Lie to Me" a made-for-TV-movie over there? I don't think we have it here.

Quote:
Do you know when someone is lying to you?

Yes. I cross examine people for a living. smile

#210297 - 01/11/11 09:27 PM Re: "Lie To Me" [Re: Lola]
Saundra Offline

Lola, "Lie to Me" is a TV series on Fox in its second season. Tim Roth is nasty and nice in this. He's great at nasty - part of Cal's character. It's nice to see him back at work. I hope it goes into a 3rd season. I won't lie to you, Lola.

Mountain Ash, this series is based on Paul Ekman's book based on 20 years he spent living in some jungle with native people studying their facial expressions and body language. I keep meaning to read his book, but in an interview he said the series does in each episode what took him 20 years to write about in one book.

#210327 - 01/12/11 12:15 PM Re: "Lie To Me" [Re: Saundra]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I love the show LIE TO ME, and would not miss it. Another one that's good is CASTLE about an author of thrillers, but THE CLOSER has been and still is my favorite.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#210357 - 01/13/11 12:04 AM Re: "Lie To Me" [Re: chatty lady]
Saundra Offline

I love CASTLE and THE CLOSER, too, Chatty. I love them better on DVDs from the library with no commercials. The writers on all of these shows are amazing.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved