The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 179 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#210744 - 01/27/11 10:17 PM Blessings from A-Z
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
After reading Dee's uplifting post for a Happy Thursday, I wnated to share something I learned while reading the book Lit.

A good practice for counting blessings is to begin with the letter A and find something to be thankful for beginning with that letter, then work your way through the alphabet. I have a horrendous cold and haven't been sleeping well. I did this when I awakened the other night and fell asleep when I got to the letter Y.

Hope this helps someone.

#210749 - 01/27/11 10:46 PM Re: Blessings from A-Z [Re: Dotsie]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Oh I love this, Dotsie!! And will adopt it immediately! What a great way to step through so many patches of life...like periods of 'limbo', or insomnia, or even sitting in waiting rooms or store line-ups! Thank you so much for sharing...very excited about this one! For years I've done something similar, usually while doing drudge jobs (like washing lots of dishes). I'd start praying for people, starting at A and working through the alphabet. I still do that at night when I can't sleep. But this counting of blessings seems like it will do amazing things for the soul and mental well-being!

(Maya Angelou)

#210847 - 02/03/11 01:22 PM Re: Blessings from A-Z [Re: Eagle Heart]
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Well, well, I certainly agree that this is a wonderful way to list and become aware of all the wonderful blessings we are bestowed with, Dotsie.

Writing our blessings down helps us realize how fortunate we truly are and helps minimize the possibility of becoming "blue".

This is a very good idea. And an easy one to remember!!
NABBW & NAWW

#211406 - 03/05/11 06:36 PM Re: Blessings from A-Z [Re: Songbird]
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
Years ago, I had been keeping a "Thankful" Journal. It always made me feel better at the end of the day to post the things I was thankful for before getting to sleep. I love all the ways you ladies listed to be positive and be blessed. Thanks for sharing.
www.tidedancer.com

#212131 - 04/15/11 01:50 AM Re: Blessings from A-Z [Re: Sandpiper]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Now when you are old and grey, lol, you can pull out those earlier journals and reread them and you will be shocked at some of the things you made note of I bet.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#212257 - 04/21/11 06:20 PM Re: Blessings from A-Z [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
I had a friend who could list scripture Biblical references from A to Z. And she did that for 5 1/2 years, while in the nursing home. She and I would go through the list together. Example:
A, "All things work together for good to them that love the Lord." Z, Zion is a hill in Jerusalem.

I love Dotsie's idea of doing this concept with one's blessings!
Thanks!

#212263 - 04/22/11 01:06 PM Re: Blessings from A-Z [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Doesn't just thinking about HEAVEN warm the soul!!!

Edited by jabber (04/23/11 01:34 PM)

#212289 - 04/23/11 01:34 PM Re: Blessings from A-Z [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

I think a Thankful journal is a great idea!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved