The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 155 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#210692 - 01/27/11 12:24 AM Post menapause - what's the truth?
KathleenGageSpeaker Offline

Loc: Pleasant Hill, OR
Wondering what other women's experience is with moving into post menopause.

#210694 - 01/27/11 04:09 AM Re: Post menapause - what's the truth? [Re: KathleenGageSpeaker]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Hi Kathleen,

What would you specifically like to know about - it's WONDERFUL!! Best part of my life so far...

Well, OK, I loved being pregnant, and I enjoyed my kids - and I am happy to have had that experience.

But I have absolutely no complaints about being post-menopausal. I find I get cold easier than I used to - so I wear an extra sweater and sleep with more blankets on my side of the bed than does my husband. But that is so very very minor!
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#210709 - 01/27/11 02:45 PM Re: Post menapause - what's the truth? [Re: Anne Holmes]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Good to see you Kathleen. How's 2011 treating you?

I'm not there yet, but can't wait! Looking forward to hearing what others have to say.

Edited by Dotsie (01/27/11 02:45 PM)

#210712 - 01/27/11 03:10 PM Re: Post menapause - what's the truth? [Re: Dotsie]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
I second what Anne has said. Getting beyond that bothersome time
of month is about the only advantage I see to the aging process.
Hopefully one gets wiser and more tolerant. Life becomes more
precious and you place greater value on everyday.

#210972 - 02/09/11 07:31 PM Re: Post menapause - what's the truth? [Re: jabber]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Kathleen, I haven't had any changes other than a little extra padding. Metabolism is slower and arthritis is worse, but those are age-related and not woman-specific.

Internally, you need to take 1500 mgs. calcium daily and do weight-bearing exercises to slow the bone loss.

Poet and essayist

#210981 - 02/09/11 11:49 PM Re: Post menapause - what's the truth? [Re: jabber]
Boomer in Chief

I just watched an Oprah that I had taped from last week, during which she interviewed Bo Derek. The subject of aging came up, and Derek was saying that we all have to hope that our enhanced wisdom and knowledge is a fair trade-off for the crepe-y necks and other physical losses we encounter with age.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#210982 - 02/10/11 02:03 PM Re: Post menapause - what's the truth? [Re: Anne Holmes]
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Loc: Sanford, Florida
Post menopause had definitely been the BEST part of my life!! I know myself better and am more comfortable with myself.

What I want to know is......why the hair on my head won't stay dark but this one pesky little hair that appears every now and then growing out of my chin (what is up with THAT?!?) is black as midnight. Why, why, why? (this chin hair thing is a totally new thing......suddenly made an appearance a few months ago. Naturally I yanked it out. It has reappeared twice. Now I'm keeping an eye out for it..........)

#210989 - 02/10/11 03:01 PM Re: Post menapause - what's the truth? [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
I have the black hair on the chin thing, too. Except it's not just on the chin any more but also on my upper lip. I've never, ever, in my life had black hair! Other than that, and the hot flashes and night sweats, post menopause isn't so bad. I am much more comfortable with who I am, more introspective in many ways. I don't like the pounds piling on and the physical annoyances, but I'll live with it. Most days I don't pay attention to the physical because the mental and spiritual awareness more than makes up for it.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#210991 - 02/10/11 05:56 PM Re: Post menapause - what's the truth? [Re: yonuh]
Boomer in Chief

Oops, I forgot about the hairs on my chin. I've had those happening for some time now. I keep plucking them with a tweezers and praying my close-up eyesight stays good enough that I can continue to see and remove them. smile

So that is there, too.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#210992 - 02/10/11 08:36 PM Re: Post menapause - what's the truth? [Re: Anne Holmes]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
That's why they make those magnifying mirrors, Anne!!
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved