The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 146 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#210851 - 02/03/11 02:04 PM Re: High school in the late 60's, early 70's [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
When you look around the world at unrest and uprisings, gratitude
is the first thing which pops into your head. The 2nd thought is
praying for God to send the Holy Spirit Comforter to undergird
those in need.

#210946 - 02/08/11 07:19 PM Re: High school in the late 60's, early 70's [Re: jabber]
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
I graduated in 1967 Rock Falls, Illinois. Amazing to think it's been that long. I was not part of the "in" crowd but had my own set of girlfriends. My sisters and I were not allowed to attend any after school functions or join clubs because we had to go right home. No real idea why, those were just the rules of my family. As a family we did lots of things so I guess they thought we went to school to learn and that was that. I was pretty religious then and carried my Bible to school and read it during my Study Halls when my work was done. We had two hours a day in study halls.
We also had to wear skirts or dresses that, if the teachers thought was too short, we had to kneel on the floor and the hem better touch it. If not, we were sent home to change. Never any slacks allowed. I thought the dress code was terrible and knew they stopped it a couple of years after I graduated.
Sounds like that was the norm for everyone at the time. But still glad I'm from those days.
www.tidedancer.com

#210975 - 02/09/11 08:37 PM Re: High school in the late 60's, early 70's [Re: Sandpiper]
jabber Offline

Schools nowadays allow jeans, I think. I would've loved that.
Never did take to dresses much. But we had to wear skirts or
dresses, too, Sandpiper. I wonder why we have to get a few years
on us, before we see how precious those days actually were????

#211006 - 02/11/11 01:54 PM Re: High school in the late 60's, early 70's [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

I met my first husband in high school. That tells you how
much I focused on studies. You know the ole adage; if only
life were a dress rehearsal.

#211028 - 02/12/11 03:33 PM Re: High school in the late 60's, early 70's [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Knowing what I know now, I surely would've done things much
differently.

#211847 - 03/31/11 03:15 AM Re: High school in the late 60's, early 70's [Re: Princess Lenora]
Sandy N. Offline

Loc: Washington State
While I was on vacation last week, my lifelong friend and co-author Sandra Allen posted some photos of us from high school. One of them shows us in big hair curlers with scarves tied under our chins, decorating my mom and dad's station wagon for our junior high school's football game. How could we stand wearing those spiky metal rollers? Guess that was the price of beauty.

Here's the link to her posts:

I.O.U. Sex Blog

#211857 - 03/31/11 11:46 PM Re: High school in the late 60's, early 70's [Re: Sandy N.]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Those are hilarious photos, thanks for sharing. Don't we all remember those rollers?
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#211978 - 04/07/11 09:24 AM Re: High school in the late 60's, early 70's [Re: Anne Holmes]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
The clubhouse of the resort I live in is having a Disco Party on Friday and asked us to come in clothes from that era if we have them. I have one pair of high platform boots and a fake pony tail on a clasp but bell bottom pants, nope! I am going however because it sounds like such fun and they are having food of that era as well. I do have a very short dress so that might work?

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved