The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 166 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#208738 - 11/03/10 03:04 AM Prayers for Employment
MustangGal
Unregistered

God be with me today in finding employment.
Lead me to work that I love, and that has value.
Guide me to a place with an atmosphere of respect
And cooperation, in a safe and happy environment.
Help me to find fulfillment mentally and financially.
Thank you God, for bringing this to me today!

---

Lord, you are a loving Father and generous to your children.
You bless and inspire the world with your good work.
Help me in my search for profitable work
So that I may care for my own as well as you have cared for me.
Thank you Lord, for your loving guidance today. Amen!

---

Dear God, I place my humble needs before you.
My need to meet my responsibilities in the world.
My need to use my God-given talents and abilities.
My need to fulfill my place here on earth.
I pray for Your guidance now to show me the way
To the perfect opportunity to do what I love,
To do what I can do well, and what will fulfill
My needs mentally, spiritually, and financially.
Help me to walk in faith as You show me the way!
Thank You, Lord. Amen!

---

Employment prayer for those who have lost their jobs:

Lord, I am coming to you today with a heavy heart
Filled with regret over the past, and anxiety for the future.
I am out of work, and my finances are in deep trouble.
I have made many mistakes. Help me to forgive myself, and
others, so that I may make amends with all concerned.
Grant me peace of mind, so I can fill my life with your
goodness and grace.
Guide me toward a good job where I may fulfill my needs
as a better and wiser person.
Thank you Lord, for listening to me and helping me today.
Life is not always easy, but I will strive to remember that You
are always there to help me
As you are right in this moment. Thank you!

---

God, our Father, I turn to you seeking your divine help and guidance as I look for suitable employment.
I need your wisdom to guide my footsteps along the right path, and to lead me to find the proper things to say and do in this quest. I wish to use the gifts and talents you have given me, but I need the opportunity to do so with gainful employment.
Do not abandon me, dear Father, in this search, but rather grant me this favor I seek so that I may return to you with praise and thanksgiving for your gracious assistance.
Grant this through Christ, our Lord.
Amen

Edited by MustangGal (11/03/10 03:06 AM)

#208746 - 11/03/10 07:34 PM Re: Prayers for Employment [Re: ]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Wow! Mustang, Thanks for sharing those beautifully written prayers. I am sure you will receive answers, of course.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#208870 - 11/09/10 04:30 PM Re: Prayers for Employment [Re: Anne Holmes]
MustangGal
Unregistered

Well, I had a telphone interview that went well yesterday. If not selected, then at least I've learned something from the process.

I have another interview with another firm next Thursday and pray that will be my new working home. It is my understanding that this firm has good ethics and a Christian foundation.

Wish me luck!

#208871 - 11/09/10 07:04 PM Re: Prayers for Employment [Re: ]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
You got it, Mustang!
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#208886 - 11/10/10 02:41 AM Re: Prayers for Employment [Re: yonuh]
MustangGal
Unregistered

Thank you!

The telephone interview has turned into an in-person interview; however, I admit that I don't have a good vibe for this company after speaking with the office manager today. Will let ya'll know how it goes.

I remind myself that I'm interviewing them as well- an employment contract involves two parties and I'm not looking for an unsatisfying relationship with a new employer. I try to think about what I want out of a new employment relationship and how to determine if they can offer what I want and need.

Edited by MustangGal (11/10/10 03:04 AM)

#208926 - 11/12/10 02:55 PM Re: Prayers for Employment [Re: ]
MustangGal
Unregistered

The interview today did not last very long. I so had rehearsed. Anywho, I was 15 minutes early and the interview was only 12 or 13 minutes with the HR manager. I asked her questions about the firm's environment and computer systems. She seemed bored. Said that they were to interview 2 more people and would contact me. She only wanted me to tell her a bit about myself and where I wanted to be in 5 years. Perhaps I need to elaborate on that.

Just a really rough morning all around. I also was informed today that the fella who was interested in buying my home changed his mind and that his realtor would give an explanation later. Yet, what we've discovered is that he is only qualified for so much and he knew that I was not working and wanted to buy the home for the payoff -- which was absurd. Just b/c I'm not employed does not mean I can't pay my bills.

#208932 - 11/13/10 12:25 AM Re: Prayers for Employment [Re: ]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Mustang,

What a frustrating day! Sorry for all the bad news.

But hold your head up and keep moving forward. Remember, you have to "kiss a lot of frogs" before you find your prince of a job. And you are now one step closer to achieving it!

Anne
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#208938 - 11/13/10 01:02 AM Re: Prayers for Employment [Re: Anne Holmes]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
So in other words, the HR manager really put no thought into the interview questions. I'm so sorry, Mustang. But the right job for you is out there; look at these interviews as dress rehearsals for the big one!!
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#208939 - 11/13/10 02:23 AM Re: Prayers for Employment [Re: yonuh]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
I'm always amazed by people who say they landed a job after only applying to less than 25 employers who have posted positions.

That has not been my experience in my whole working life after university. Of course, it depends the types of jobs where one is submitting their resume/application.

And getting the opportunity to be interviewed doesn't happen for all those employers either.

For the question on plans after 5 yrs., keep that response short and appropriate for the employer. My response has always been no more than 1-2 sentences.

I'm not certain if some office managers are comfortable dealing with educated candidates who have been trained in specific professions which don't fall into the clerical pool. I was interviewed by one, who clearly was not comfortable with managing/supervising strong candidates with specialized skill sets that aren't clerical. She was asking all sorts of questions that made me sense she would end up micro-managing.

I understand the firm is STILL looking for the right person...after 5 months. Pretty bad since I know my colleagues who aren't horrible people, experienced and well-qualified for the job also.

So if you are applying for clerical positions, where you are overqualified and if the office manager will be your manager/supervisor, try to determine if s/he seems to have a good managment style that is willing and open to suggestions, ideas to problems on the job.

#208944 - 11/13/10 02:42 PM Re: Prayers for Employment [Re: orchid]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Mustang,
Will continue praying that you find the exact, right job, so you
can be happy and enjoy going to work. Prayers and blessings! I've noticed some firms around here, have a revolving door when
it comes to employees. I worked for one of 'em for almost 10 ten years. That firm has since folded. I hope you find your dream
job, Mustang!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved