The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 113 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#212425 - 04/29/11 03:34 AM Re: Qualifying to be a senior [Re: Rose]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Rose, IMO stands for "in my opinion." You may also sometimes see IMHO which is short for "in my humble opinion."
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#212429 - 04/29/11 01:15 PM Re: Qualifying to be a senior [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Rose,
Anne is right. It means [in my opinion]; never saw the H in there before. However, my opinion is certainly humble! LOL...
I didn't know what LOL meant either until someone told me.

#212454 - 04/30/11 02:05 AM Re: Qualifying to be a senior [Re: jabber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Some tweets and messages are so full of initals I haven't a clue what they're saying to me.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#213869 - 07/19/11 01:03 AM Re: Qualifying to be a senior [Re: Rose]
RachdGrm Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
Okay ladies,

I will have to admit, it took me some time to really accept my "senior status" because it took me a long time to accept my "50-something" status. I am happy to age gracefully and embrace my years but at the same time, something inside me cringes when I am offered a "senior discount." I think it's because I look at my own mother as a "senior" how are we both seniors?!

I am a prideful woman who had refused to take a senior discount even though I qualified. Does this sound silly? Yes, I think so. With some time and some pride swallowing, I have learned that I am not defined by the term "senior." I love the word boomer but not so much senior. However, I am not above a discount:).

It all sounds trivial now that I have put this on to "paper" but I guess that's what forums are for-- to share these moments trivial or not. Hope I'm not the only one.

#213874 - 07/19/11 11:45 AM Re: Qualifying to be a senior [Re: RachdGrm]
Mountain Ash Offline

50 somethings...have a way of becoming 60 somethings.

I am content with my age born 1946...so one of the Boomer firsts.
I have said before in this forum that I feel I have had my turn of many of the joys of life...and like the seasons...everything has its turn.

I do miss being as able due to arthritis...but have developed strategies..I have order in my home and accept help from my family with heavy tasks....My garden is my hobby and a friend is paid to do the heavy headges and tree work.This way I continue to grow flowers.He is a professional and I have gained from his knowledge.

I aim by using holistic care to do the best for my heath.Therfor in fact in many ways cope better than several friends.I seek out new challenges visit favourite places and have many visitors.

A comfortable home family and friends enjoying a good author and sharing a meal...I have everything I desire.

#213875 - 07/19/11 12:16 PM Re: Qualifying to be a senior [Re: Mountain Ash]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
I haven't checked consistently for senior discounts, there are some at 55 but I'm not there yet.

However I am with someone who turned 69 and so have had discounts through him, ie. hotel, train fare, bus fare....companion prices are discounted sometimes by some firms.

Will answer this more later.

#213877 - 07/19/11 04:48 PM Re: Qualifying to be a senior [Re: orchid]
Boomer in Chief

I've only received a senior discount once. Steve and I and a friend were eating at a new Chinese buffet restaurant. When they brought the bill, we had been charged for 2 adult meals and one senior meal.

I was a bit taken aback, as the youngest in our group had just turned 50 and I am the oldest, but still in my 50s...

We were shocked, but then figured "what the heck" one of us gets a cheaper meal! So we didn't complain. The consensus was that I was the senior, as I have the most gray in my hair.

The next time we went to this restaurant, they charged us for 3 adult meals. So my discount was short-lived.

Too bad!
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#213886 - 07/19/11 10:45 PM Re: Qualifying to be a senior [Re: Anne Holmes]
MustangGal
Unregistered

My new coworkers call me ma'am and my butt seems to be numb a lot lately, does this qualify me for a senior discount?

#213888 - 07/19/11 11:58 PM Re: Qualifying to be a senior [Re: ]
Boomer in Chief

I don't know about the numb butt, but I do feel old when I'm called "ma'am."

Here's a link to an article I will be posting in the next "Boomer Women's World," and it deals with this topic nicely: Boomers Say They're Not Old Yet. Enjoy!
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#213889 - 07/20/11 01:30 AM Re: Qualifying to be a senior [Re: Anne Holmes]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
I spent a good part of my adult life living in the South so got used to being called Ma'am by everyone. My sons' friends always called me "Mz Ruth", and that still makes my grin! I love finding discounts for being over whatever age they have the discount for; I think I've earned it!
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved