The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 159 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#211790 - 03/28/11 07:40 PM genie...?
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Has anyone tried that new genie bra being advertising on TV?
Just wondered. confused

#211793 - 03/28/11 10:12 PM Re: genie...? [Re: jabber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
My DIL has and says it is heavenly but I haven't tried one yet!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#211805 - 03/29/11 01:04 PM Re: genie...? [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

I have an order on the way. I'll let you know what I think of 'em. Finding the right bra has been a nightmarish event for
me lately. I even went and had myself measure, to no avail. They
recommended an uncomfortable size and haven't found a size that
doesn't leave red marks and hurts after any length of time.

#211810 - 03/29/11 01:29 PM Re: genie...? [Re: jabber]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Originally Posted By: jabber
Finding the right bra has been a nightmarish event for
me lately. I even went and had myself measure, to no avail. They
recommended an uncomfortable size and haven't found a size that
doesn't leave red marks and hurts after any length of time.

Me too, Jabber! Finding a comfortable bra has been a fruitless experience in futility! Like you, I've been measured by experts, but still no luck. One bra pro spent a long time with me...she brought just about every bra in the store...she brought one with what she called the most sensitive underwire made...within minutes even she could see the reaction on my skin (I cannot wear underwire)...and she literally gave up. I eventually found one by Playtex that was comfortable enough and supportive, and bought 3. and that's the only one I can wear now.

(Maya Angelou)

#211813 - 03/29/11 02:50 PM Re: genie...? [Re: Eagle Heart]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
I think part of the problem is that sizing isn't standardized whether it's bras or clothes. It's frustrating. I don't know how many times I've been 'fitted' for bras, and the bra might feel fine in the store, but after wearing it all day at work, I'm ready to throw it away. I have some camis with shelf bras that I end up wearing most of the time; they have elastic at the bottom of the 'shelf' so stay in place but there's not a lot of support. I'm sometimes tempted to just wrap a linen cloth around my boobs and go with that! smile
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#211814 - 03/29/11 05:44 PM Re: genie...? [Re: yonuh]
jabber Offline

yonuh,
That's good. Your post made me laugh, "wrap in linen cloth": lol! If these genies are half as good as they claim, I'll be a happy camper. Will report back! You get 6, when ordering 1, so
we'll see. If I don't like 'em, they're going back!

#211821 - 03/29/11 11:45 PM Re: genie...? [Re: jabber]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
I haven't seen any ads on TV for the Geniebra, but after seeing the comments here, I Googled on it and found a website which I am sharing, in case there are others like me who hadn't yet heard of it.

GenieBra

I'll wait to see what you have to say, Jabber, before I order, but it sure sounds like a wonderful product!

I definitely need new bras but I've been dreading going shopping for them because -- while I hate to admit it -- all of the ones I have that I actually wear are so old the printing on the size labels is gone, so I figured I was going to have to go to a department store and get fitted. Not that I can't do that, but the way they size these sounds so much easier...
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#211830 - 03/30/11 05:33 PM Re: genie...? [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Hi Anne,
That's the problem, sizes do not run true; this is so easy, just
pick the size tops you always get and walla. Here's hoping they're as good as they sound. The 6 bras with handling and shipping averaged out to almost $15.00 each; but I've paid more for bras I couldn't wear because they hurt. And that was
after being sized by a pro. I'll let ya know; they haven't arrived as yet. Think I turned the TV on on Sunday, and there they were. Actually I thought it was an answer to prayer. I've been searching for years to find comfortable bras.

#211834 - 03/30/11 07:05 PM Re: genie...? [Re: jabber]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Can't wait to hear your results. When I got dressed today, I found myself wishing those six bras were sitting in my drawer waiting for me...
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#211851 - 03/31/11 01:19 PM Re: genie...? [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

I hear you!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved