The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 156 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#212611 - 05/05/11 04:47 AM Re: Generation Alzheimer's - Disease Defines Us [Re: Anne Holmes]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Anne...Your dad sounds amazing...building a sailboat? Wow...that's so cool. And he's physically active. Sounds like he's doing well.
Your poor step-dad...it doesn't sound good having a sleep disorder like that. I can't imagine not being able to sleep next to Larry at night. I'm sure she misses that.
Good luck with your step-father getting a physical...I hope he'll go.

#214193 - 08/04/11 09:00 PM Re: Generation Alzheimer's - Disease Defines Us [Re: Dee]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Anne did your stepdad go for a physical yet?

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#214297 - 08/11/11 07:28 PM Re: Generation Alzheimer's - Disease Defines Us [Re: chatty lady]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Funny how when we're young we never think of all the things we will face when we grow older. At least I never did, did any of you?

#214301 - 08/11/11 07:36 PM Re: Generation Alzheimer's - Disease Defines Us [Re: chatty lady]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
I don't think my step-dad has had that physical yet. He and my mother DID both get tested recently by the nurse at the facility they live in... Memory testing etc. Apparently they thought they only had to pass the test to get moved in, but now it is a year later and the nurse came and did it again -- in their home.

Test consisted of things like counting backwards from 100 by 7, creating a clock face and placing the hands in requested positions, looking at a series of words and then having to say what they were 30 minutes later.

My step-father scored perfectly, which flabbergasted my mother, and meant that no "red flags" were raised.

Guess he is good at test taking.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#214728 - 09/18/11 10:23 PM Re: Generation Alzheimer's - Disease Defines Us [Re: Anne Holmes]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Bless his heart Anne!!!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved