The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 155 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#212921 - 05/17/11 10:57 PM And now the healing powers of... mustard
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Elsewhere we have been talking about the health benefits of honey. so when I saw this, I knew I had to add it to the arsenal: Mustard can heal burns.

I saw it here Burn Relief from Mustard though I confess I haven't had a reason to try it myself...

Edited by Anne Holmes (05/17/11 10:57 PM)
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#212928 - 05/18/11 01:06 AM Re: And now the healing powers of... mustard [Re: Anne Holmes]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Remember mustard plasters??
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#212931 - 05/18/11 03:41 AM Re: And now the healing powers of... mustard [Re: yonuh]
Boomer in Chief

Mustard plasters - I read of them in books, but never knew anyone who got one. Wasn't the purpose to create heat to draw out a fever?
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#212938 - 05/18/11 02:00 PM Re: And now the healing powers of... mustard [Re: Anne Holmes]
Mountain Ash Offline

Can I add Epsom salts to the holistic helps.

Epsom salts—made of the mineral magnesium sulfate—are also a sedative for the nervous system.
When magnesium sulfate is absorbed through the skin, such as in a bath, it draws toxins from the body, sedates the nervous system, reduces swelling, relaxes muscles, is a natural emollient, exfoliator, and much more.
Relaxing and sedative bath: Soak in warm water and 2 cups of Epsom salt.

Foot soak:
Soothe aches, remove odors and soften rough skin with a foot soak. Add 1/2 cup of Epsom salt to a large pan of warm water. Soak feet for as long as it feels right. Rinse and dry..
Soak sprains and bruises: Epsom salt will reduce the swelling of sprains and bruises. Add 2 cups epsom salt to a warm bath, and soak.

Splinter remover: Soak in epsom salt, it will draw out the splinter.

#212941 - 05/18/11 05:21 PM Re: And now the healing powers of... mustard [Re: Mountain Ash]
Boomer in Chief

Hi Mountain Ash,

Thanks for mentioning Epsom salts. I am a fan of Epsom salt baths. I use Dr. Teal's "Relax" Epsom Salt Soaking Solution, which gives the added benefit of a bit of aromatherapy.

Almost every night, I end my day with a relaxing soak, followed by massaging on Di's Shea Butter. I sleep really well afterward, and highly recommend it.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#212942 - 05/18/11 05:28 PM Re: And now the healing powers of... mustard [Re: Anne Holmes]
Boomer in Chief

Here's a website that talks about how to use mustard plasters. Natural Remedies: Mustard Plaster

Seems that they have to be used properly and carefully.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#212944 - 05/18/11 06:47 PM Re: And now the healing powers of... mustard [Re: Anne Holmes]
Mountain Ash Offline

I have lavendar and epsom salts bath goodies from Jan de Vries..apart from the benefits my bathroom has a beautiful scent..
I suppose all natural remedies have to be used with care just because they are familar does not mean they wont be harmful to certain people or in certain quantity be too much to cope with.

#212946 - 05/18/11 07:23 PM Re: And now the healing powers of... mustard [Re: Mountain Ash]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Speaking of natural stuff, this is a link to an article in my local newspaper today. It's humorous but there are a couple of things that really work:

http://azstarnet.com/lifestyles/food-and-cooking/article_eba8c927-bb41-5fff-8a84-4839bc93f50e.html
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#212948 - 05/18/11 11:11 PM Re: And now the healing powers of... mustard [Re: yonuh]
Boomer in Chief

Fun! Thanks for sharing! I'd heard of a few of those suggestions, but not peanut butter for shaving or coffee grounds in the hair... LOL!

Edited by Anne Holmes (05/18/11 11:11 PM)
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#212952 - 05/19/11 04:10 AM Re: And now the healing powers of... mustard [Re: Anne Holmes]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Originally Posted By: Anne Holmes
Hi Mountain Ash,

Thanks for mentioning Epsom salts. I am a fan of Epsom salt baths. I use Dr. Teal's "Relax" Epsom Salt Soaking Solution, which gives the added benefit of a bit of aromatherapy.

Almost every night, I end my day with a relaxing soak, followed by massaging on Di's Shea Butter. I sleep really well afterward, and highly recommend it.

Anne...remember you can put the Shea Butter IN the tub WITH your Epsom Salt. The salt dries your skin....and the Shea Butter will counteract that....plus permeate your entire body...even your hair!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved