The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 198 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#213556 - 06/24/11 01:45 PM Re: At what age did you first marry? [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
So many of the now generation are just living together without
getting married and I certainly understand it. I was raised by the older folks' with strict rules. But I can see how people
can be afraid of marriage.

#213610 - 06/28/11 11:57 PM Re: At what age did you first marry? [Re: Anno]
maryannewrites Offline

Loc: South Carolina
I married the first time at age 17 just 5 months after graduating from high school. He was 22. I thought I was so mature and knew exactly what I was doing and no one could have talked me out of it, but I seriously had no clue. We were divorced 7 years later, and the truth is that he really wasn't a horrible, abusive person. As I actually became an adult, we were totally not right for each other and we both knew it. I remarried at age 28 and have been blessed to be married to this great guy for 31 years. We plan to grow old together and always enjoy our frequent moments of laughter! I always caution younger folks to really know who they are before they jump into such a serious commitment as marriage. The one positive from my first marriage was my son, who was born when I was 20, and the 3 beautiful grandchildren in my life. I don't blame my ex-husband for the marriage not working--he had really married a child.

#213613 - 06/29/11 02:34 AM Re: At what age did you first marry? [Re: maryannewrites]
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
I had just turned 21 and my hubby was 19 when we married. We celebrated 40 years this last December. It's definitely been a good ride so far.
www.tidedancer.com

#213617 - 06/29/11 06:32 PM Re: At what age did you first marry? [Re: Sandpiper]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Congratulations to you, Sandpiper! It is wonderful to hear of you success in your relationship.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#213716 - 07/06/11 01:36 PM Re: At what age did you first marry? [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Sandpiper,
I'm glad you're happy. WB is three years younger than I am but it works fine. Soulmates mesh regardless of age!!! LOL..

#213719 - 07/06/11 08:44 PM Re: At what age did you first marry? [Re: jabber]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
I agree about the soulmates meshing concept, Jabber. Steve is 4 years younger than I am.

But way back when I studied gerontology in college I learned that women in the US live - on average - 5 years longer than men. So our professor advised all the women in the class to marry younger men...

I got it wrong the first time around - my first husband died in his 40s - but I have been delighted with my current "young man" for over 22 years now...
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#213749 - 07/08/11 03:04 PM Re: At what age did you first marry? [Re: Anne Holmes]
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
You know when my hubby and I married we had to have his parents sign for him to marry me. In Illinois you had to be 21 and he was just 19. So I always tease him about his parents giving him to me.

I definitely believe in soul makes. I totally enjoy being with him when he's home.
www.tidedancer.com

#213953 - 07/24/11 04:02 PM Re: At what age did you first marry? [Re: Sandpiper]
jabber Offline

One week from today, WB and I'll be married 30 years. Now somebody please tell me where those 30 years went? It was just yesterday, we exchange vows! Wouldn't that just flip your
bippie???

#214000 - 07/26/11 10:40 PM Re: At what age did you first marry? [Re: jabber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Sounds like you jabber, and sandpiper found true love and a real soulmate. I would still be with my 2nd. husband if he hadn't passed away. I miss hime everyday of my life... I hope you both have many more happy years with your husbands.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#214079 - 07/30/11 08:13 PM Re: At what age did you first marry? [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Sorry Chatty. Losing people we love is the worst thing we have to endure. Prayers and blessings...

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved