The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 134 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#215064 - 10/17/11 03:56 PM Re: Herman Cain...? [Re: Ellemm]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Thanks Ellemm! The statement, "the Fed's currently spend 40% more than they take in," is very scary. I doubt Cain will be nominated, because the voting public most likely wouldn't put a man in the Presidency that has no experience in foreign affairs or top level governing.

#215067 - 10/17/11 05:58 PM Re: Herman Cain...? [Re: Ellemm]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Hi Ellemm,

Am I correct that this 30% sales tax on everything would be ON TOP of any state and municipal taxes we are already paying?

If so, that would have some of us paying close to 50% tax on some purchases, which just blows my mind.

If that's the case, I'm sure Cain is starting with the 999 tax because it is less mind-blowing for the country's masses who are already struggling to make ends meet.

Anne
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#215070 - 10/18/11 01:36 PM Re: Herman Cain...? [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

They say Cain is gaining momentum? Many people don't look below the surface on way too many issues. That's why the USA is in the mess we're in. God help us all!!!

#215080 - 10/18/11 03:09 PM Re: Herman Cain...? [Re: jabber]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
My personal opinion: Cain is a plant. If he doesn't weaken the GOP system, he might just strengthen it.
I understand Perry's purse is growing exponentially, and Romney has a personal near-bottomless purse, so Cain will have to find substantial financial backing to make much further.
There is no way his 999 plan can solve our problem(s). The problem(s) we have created are too complex and to far reaching.
As for foreign affairs experience/knowledge - a great deal is subjective and beyond being understood by any ONE person. Our 'fearless' leader of today had no experience... he's operating in a learn as you go mode.

#215097 - 10/19/11 01:28 PM Re: Herman Cain...? [Re: gims]
jabber Offline

I know, gims, about Obama's lack of experience. That's why I said what I did. Just being funny!!! LOL...

#215103 - 10/19/11 09:10 PM Re: Herman Cain...? [Re: Anne Holmes]
Ellemm Offline

No: as far as I understand it, the FairTax would eventually be the only tax collected. The 999 plan is one of several intermediate tax steps. The 999 plan would indeed collect taxes on top of the ones we already pay, including taxes from people whose incomes are too low to pay taxes now. But the FairTax would do away with the IRS. Of course, states would still be free to levy their own local taxes, I think. It's complicated.

#215106 - 10/20/11 03:19 AM Re: Herman Cain...? [Re: Ellemm]
Boomer in Chief

Interesting Ellemm, but I can't imagine the states and local municipalities being willing to give up on the taxes they have been collecting -- even if they were somehow to be compensated. All those individual and hard-won "fiefdoms" would be endangered...
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#215119 - 10/21/11 10:59 PM Hillary & Herman Cain...? [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Did you gals see the excerpt from Hillary's tirade against Herman Cain? I thought she was smarter than that!

Here's the link 4 that 1:

http://www.abcnews.com/blogs/politics/2011

& Then in Hot Topics bar put [Hillary mocks Herman Cain]

#215128 - 10/22/11 08:17 PM Re: Hillary & Herman Cain...? [Re: jabber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Hilary is a fool and still working with O'Bama so why be surprised at her ignorance?

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#215130 - 10/22/11 08:34 PM Re: Hillary & Herman Cain...? [Re: chatty lady]
Boomer in Chief

I don't think Hillary is a fool by any means. I expect she is smarter than Bill. But everyone says something stupid now and then. The problem with pols is that more people hear about it when it happens.

The only thing I don't like about Hillary right now is her hairstyle. But I'm trying to go easy on her with that regard. We're all made bad hairstyle decisions in our lives, no doubt. All we have to do is page through a family album to be reminded of that...
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved