The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 170 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#215388 - 11/10/11 03:10 PM Political debates...?
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
God help Rick Perry during the political debates. Don't know about the rest of U, sometimes I'll go to say something and a name only comes to me in hindsight. IMHO this is human nature.
After you've lived a while, the brain gets so stuffed with info, pulling the right word out of the hat isn't always the easiest thing to do. sleep confused cry

#215403 - 11/11/11 02:38 PM Re: Political debates...? [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

On the other hand, his notes should catch him when he falls.
They were making fun of Sarah Palin because wrote info on her hand. Methinks Sarah is one up in this area!

#215407 - 11/11/11 07:54 PM Re: Political debates...? [Re: jabber]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
It seems to me that if you want to be President, or in the Senate or House, you should be able to articulate what your plans would be. Too many of these 'wannabes' don't have a clue. To me it's a no-brainer that candidates should have all the information in their heads and on notes especially if it's a major department in the government you want to do away with. I don't want to hear generalities and platitudes; I want to know what a person will actually do once in office. And especially don't stretch the truth or lie about anything!
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#215408 - 11/11/11 08:31 PM Re: Political debates...? [Re: yonuh]
jabber Offline

Amen!
I totally agree with you, yonuh. Every candidate running for any major government office should present well constructed plans to fix the countries financial ills. Gov. Rick Perry should've had a listed 1,2,3. But unfortunately, sometimes we humans have to learn the hard way.

#215426 - 11/12/11 09:50 PM Re: Political debates...? [Re: jabber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Yonuh, good advice, but has that ever been the case amongst candidates for any office???

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#215427 - 11/12/11 09:52 PM Re: Political debates...? [Re: chatty lady]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Unfortunately, no, Chatty! I'm sick of the whole lot of 'em!
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#215450 - 11/15/11 04:26 AM Re: Political debates...? [Re: yonuh]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Quote:
After you've lived a while, the brain gets so stuffed with info, pulling the right word out of the hat isn't always the easiest thing to do.

I haven't been too much a part of this particular discussion because MY BRAIN had to take a break from all the political stuff. But, I just can't stay out of this one any longer given Cain's latest meltdown. Commenting is just too much fun.

My daughter works as a copy editor for the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, so I am sure that next time I talk with her, she will have some "back story" for me on what went on in the MJS newsroom when they heard this one...

IMHO it's clear Cain's head has been stuffed with too much too quickly. Maybe he needs to resort to writing stuff in his hands... LOL!

Herman Cain Stumbles on Libya Question

Enjoy the video!

Anne
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#215461 - 11/16/11 12:39 AM Re: Political debates...? [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

I saw Cain tripping over his tongue. He isn't such a wiseacre
any longer. Is he?

#215480 - 11/17/11 03:20 PM Re: Political debates...? [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Just when I start liking a candidate for President, somebody
throws dirt on my choice. Geese! I try to stay loyal to my raising, but they make it really difficult!!!

#215867 - 12/21/11 07:09 PM Re: Political debates...? [Re: jabber]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Jabber, I know what you mean. But while I can't resolve your frustration, I thought I'd toss this out. It is a reprint of a story that appeared on the front page of my newspaper this morning - the Dubuque Telegraph Herald.

I do get a kick out of silly the campaign hi-jinks. And in this case, a RIGHT -WINGED (yes, she only has one wing) hawk (yes, the bird of prey), who lives at the museum in Dubuque, Iowa, was asked to select the Republican candidate in a very unique manner - involving field mice...

Quote:
Not-so-raucous 'Hawkus' caucus
The bird of prey takes nearly 50 minutes to pick its food -- and the GOP winner -- at the light-hearted river museum event.
BY ERIK HOGSTROM TH STAFF WRITER

Michele Bachmann can add "Hawkus" to her list of political victories, and she can thank a tasty dead mouse for the honor.
The red-tailed hawk at Dubuque's National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium took nearly 50 minutes to select the Minnesota congresswoman during a Tuesday event outside the William Woodward River Discovery Center.
The spectacle combined riveting political theater with finicky bird-of-prey dietary habits to select a Republican presidential frontrunner.
Here are the historic highlights:
10:31 a.m. -- Ginger Sakas, the museum's development director, explains the red-tailed hawk's qualifications: "She was born in the wild and has lived at the museum for six years. She was injured in the wild and would not survive on her own. She only has a right wing."
10:33 a.m. -- Becky Echtenkamp, handler of the hawk for five out of the seven days of the week, approaches the right-wing bird's enclosure. Once inside, she places on the ground photos of Bachmann, Newt Gingrich, Ron Paul, Rick Perry, Mitt Romney and Rick Santorum.
Upon each of these photos, Echtenkamp places a dead mouse -- a red-tailed hawk delicacy henceforth linked with electoral decision-making.
10:35 a.m. -- The red-tailed hawk hops from her three-sided house onto a nearby tree limb. She warily studies a group of onlookers (six media members and seven museum staff members).
10:36 a.m. -- The hawk continues staring at the onlookers, oblivious to both the photos and dead mice.
10:37 a.m. -- The onlookers back up several steps.
10:39 a.m. -- Still completely uninterested in the photos or the mice, the red-tailed hawk hops back into her three-sided house.
10:42 a.m. -- Stakas: "She's weighing her options."
10:47 a.m. -- Dead mice + photos of GOP candidates + uninterested hawk = deadlocked Hawkus.
10:50 a.m. -- Still nothing from the hawk.
10:56 a.m. -- Echtenkamp makes whistling noises outside hawk's enclosure. The hawk's body language suggests an entirely apolitical outlook.
10:59 a.m. -- Echtenkamp theorizes that the faces of the GOP candidates have intimidated the hawk to the point of appetite loss.
"She is also not familiar with eating on the ground," Echtenkamp said.
11 a.m. -- Echtenkamp minimizes the effects of the GOP candidates' faces by folding each photo in half, and placing the dead mice on the ground next to each folded photograph. The hawk scoffs at her efforts.
11:05 a.m. -- Wind-chill reading dips to 26 degrees. Onlookers retreat inside nearby depot building, watching hawk while blowing on frozen fingers.
11:10 a.m. -- Hawk does nothing.
11:14 a.m. -- Hungry newspaper reporter considers ending deadlocked Hawkus by eating dead mouse himself.
11:18 a.m. -- Hawk surprises onlookers by emerging from house, hopping onto branch.
11:19 a.m. -- Hawk leaps off branch to consume dead mouse nearest to folded Bachmann photo, then eats mice next to folded photos of Paul and Gingrich.
11:20 a.m. -- Hawk c ocks head, peering quizzically at humans busily tweeting, photographing, videotaping and scribbling on notebooks.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved