The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 172 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#216490 - 02/21/12 07:34 PM Oil Wells for Investment
Charlotte Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
For any of you who has capital you use for speculating you may want to check out investing as a partner in an oil well with an established company with a good track record. For many this may seem far fetched but where I live in Texas it is quiet common. There are great tax advantages whether you hit oil or not and if the company hits oil you can have royalties coming in for many years. However, this type of investment is for people with money enough to take the loss if oil is not stuck, so don't go jumping in if you are not in that category. Just thought I would throw in something different. Here is a good article on the subject. The site is just for information, they are not trying to get you to invest.

Edited by Anne Holmes (02/22/12 02:24 AM)
Edit Reason: link deleted

#216495 - 02/22/12 12:53 AM Re: Oil Wells for Investment [Re: Charlotte]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Who owns this site, Charlotte? It looks just like some of the other sites you have posted links to with no information about the owners. I am suspicious of any site that has no information about who owns it, who runs it, etc.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#216498 - 02/22/12 02:20 AM Re: Oil Wells for Investment [Re: yonuh]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
I agree, Yonuh.

IF - and I mean IF - I were going to start looking into this sort of investment, I'd look to a site like this one from the SEC first.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#216504 - 02/22/12 07:08 PM Re: Oil Wells for Investment [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
I already have shares in gas wells but only by happenstance.
When I was young, a gas well company drilled several wells throughout my old neighborhood. Daddy was all gaga over the idea; they had him believing those drillings were Heaven-sent, in lieu of money trees. Not! They drilled 'em, then stoppped using 'em. Why? I haven't a clue. But from my personal experience gas wells are a crock of crackers! Don't know anything about oil wells.

#216507 - 02/22/12 08:40 PM Re: Oil Wells for Investment [Re: jabber]
Boomer in Chief

My former sister in law does. She is from Midland, Texas, and her granddaddy was in business with Bush the first.

She's an attorney and works for her mother's firm, which I believe is called Redfern Enterprises, Inc.

I haev no idea what she does these days, but back when she and my brother were married, her job as to research non-producing wells like yours, Jabber, and buy them up if her research showed that they MIGHT be able to produce.

Don't know whether fracking would be involved in getting them to produce, but the concept as I understood it was that as gas and oil become harder to find, these smaller wells might prove more valuable to someone who has the financial means to exploit them.

Bottom line: you are correct. There are tons of people out in the world who own non-producing wells. And, only a very few who actually make money from them.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#216526 - 02/24/12 06:02 AM Re: Oil Wells for Investment [Re: Anne Holmes]
Sandy N. Offline

Loc: Washington State
My two cents: I don't mean to be negative, but I'd be hesitant to take investment advice from anyone on a blog. It would be better to go to a reputable (certified) financial planner and discuss your priorities, goals, and the level of risk-taking you're comfortable with.

#216528 - 02/24/12 07:21 PM Re: Oil Wells for Investment [Re: Sandy N.]
Boomer in Chief

I totally agree with you, Sandy N.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#216559 - 03/03/12 02:34 AM Re: Oil Wells for Investment [Re: Anne Holmes]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Since the original poster is located in Texas, then it's pretty obvious there must be a drive by firms in the area to raise capital quickly for their operations.

#216560 - 03/03/12 05:58 AM Re: Oil Wells for Investment [Re: orchid]
Boomer in Chief

I agree, Orchid. Based on what my brother's told me, this is not a business I would choose to speculate in. Unless you have a lot of background knowledge or partners who have a track record of success, you might as well be flushing your money down the toilet.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#216589 - 03/04/12 07:54 PM Re: Oil Wells for Investment [Re: Anne Holmes]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
I have my opinion because right now I am in Alberta, Canada's oil and natural gas producer. It is Canada's "Texas".

Right now there is a ruthless drive to extract oil...and remember it is our province that has the infamous oil tar sands in Northern Alberta.

Fracking has not been proven enviromentally stable..since it does use a gas to break the ground, to bring the oil up to surface. There are concerns about contimation of water tables, fissures in others areas.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved