The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 151 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#214156 - 08/03/11 06:47 PM Reading a new book
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
It's called MAZURKA by Aaron Paul Glazer

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#214218 - 08/06/11 01:27 AM Re: Reading a new book [Re: chatty lady]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
I've no clues as to what it is about, Chatty. Can you elaborate? Fiction, non-fiction? Do you like it?

Thanks.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#214222 - 08/06/11 01:37 PM Re: Reading a new book [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
All I know about Mazurka is that it's a Polish Folk Dance.

#214793 - 09/26/11 05:19 AM Re: Reading a new book [Re: jabber]
Sandy N. Offline

Loc: Washington State
I've just finished reading the third book in the Elm Creek Quilters Series by Jennifer Chiaverini -- and thoroughly enjoyed it! Maybe that's partly because I'm a quilter, but I think it's also because I enjoyed the women's stories. The three books are: The Quilter's Apprentice; Round Robin; and The Cross-Country Quilters. Here's a link to Chiaverini's website which includes synopses of these books as well as others: Elm Creek Quilters Series
I recommend them as enjoyable, heart-warming reads.

#214795 - 09/26/11 09:45 AM Re: Reading a new book [Re: Sandy N.]
Mountain Ash Offline

I enjoy books where womens' stories are told..and how they interconnect so I will look for these books Sandy..
Have you read Maeve Binchy's books..?I recommend them..plenty stories there.

#214797 - 09/26/11 02:30 PM Re: Reading a new book [Re: Mountain Ash]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
I read and loved the knitting books starting with the Friday Night Knitting Club. I think there are currently 3 books, but my memory is a little fuzzy on that one!!
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#214799 - 09/26/11 05:05 PM Re: Reading a new book [Re: yonuh]
Sandy N. Offline

Mountain Ash: Yes! Maeve Binchy is one of my favorite authors, and I have almost all her books. I love the interconnections between characters from one book to the next. Seeing a character you've met before is like unexpectedly meeting an old friend!
Yonuh: Thanks for the Friday Night Knitting Club recommendation. I'll look into those for my Kindle. (I'm a crocheter, not a knitter, but maybe some day ....)

#214804 - 09/27/11 11:06 AM Re: Reading a new book [Re: Sandy N.]
Mountain Ash Offline

The first book of Maeve's that I read was Light a Penny Candle..Many years ago.
The impact was that I read some of the book with tears running down my cheeks.There after all her books have been on my book list.
I feel I know the people and yes the interconnection is wonderful.She writes shorts stories as well as her novels.
She weaves her stories with absolute magic..

I have Irish in my ancestry and maybe her books resonate all the more due to this.
She describes a very happy upbringing and this rings through her writing..I would love to meet her.

#214847 - 09/30/11 02:02 AM Re: Reading a new book [Re: Sandy N.]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Sandy N, thank you for sharing your review of Jennifer Chiaverini's Elm Creek Quilters Series. I'm not a quilter - but I collect quilts, and from what I read on the website you linked us to, I expect I would enjoy this series.

By the way, I just minutes ago finished reading your novel, "I. O. U. Sex," and I thoroughly enjoyed the way you and co-author Sandy Allen wove together the three women's stories into one satisfying novel.

Your three characters seemed like real people to me, and though your book is almost 400 pages, I read it cover to cover in under 24 hours.

Just as Chiaverini's Elm Creek Quilter series follows members of the Elm Creek Quilters through a variety of experiences, I certainly hope that we will be reading more about the adventures of YOUR protagonists, June, Kiki and Peggy.

And to everyone on the forum reading this post, I urge you to check out Sandy's hilarious book about three lifelong friends who've stuck together over the many decades since high school, and make a pact over drinks one night to look up their old high school boyfriends -- and "make amends" for the sexual frustration their virginal behavior caused.

The book's available on Amazon, in both paperback and Kindle formats -- and at Barnes and Noble in both Nook and paperback. "You go girl!"

www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#214871 - 10/01/11 04:39 AM Re: Reading a new book [Re: Anne Holmes]
Sandy N. Offline

Thank you, Anne, for your kind words. My co-author and I are so glad you enjoyed the book, and we sincerely appreciate your support.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved