The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 176 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#216699 - 03/20/12 07:58 PM AMC's "Mad Men" returns Sunday after 17 months
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Jabber just mentioned the new season of Dancing with the Stars, which I know both she and Chatty love. I catch it when I can, and I love to watch the dancing, so I'm a fan as well - though not a rabid fan.

However, I am really excited with the news that AMC's hit show "Mad Men" is finally returning this Sunday for Season 5 after a 17-month hiatus.

Anyone else watch this show? It's a "guilty pleasure" type of show for me, and Steve has no interest in it. But considering that I worked in the advertising field for most of my pre-NABBW career, I have a built-in bias for it.

Beyond my history of working as an ad agency media director, copywriter, production manager and eventually creative director, I also taught advertising 101 at a couple of local colleges. Many of the classic ad campaigns I showcased in my lectures on how marketing got to where we are today are campaigns from the 60s, so the show's backdrop is kind of like "home" for me.

Not that there was all that much sex and boozing happening at the places I worked -- after all, I lived in the Midwest, where things are more tame.

Still, I find the beautiful clothes and the storylines fun to watch.

In case you, like me, will need a bit of a refresher to get up to speed with the storyline, Sunday's episode is 2 hours long. And here are updates from TV Guide, TV Guide, AMC and The Daily Beast

And if that's not enough, you can always subscribe to Media Post's "Mad Blog"

www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#216704 - 03/21/12 09:13 PM Re: AMC's "Mad Men" returns Sunday after 17 months [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
The advertising business fascinates me, Anne. Never heard of "Mad Men"; asked WB and he hadn't heard of it either. But will check it out.

#216707 - 03/22/12 01:41 AM Re: AMC's "Mad Men" returns Sunday after 17 months [Re: jabber]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
I believe it is a great show. but like so many, it has a big story arc, and getting into it can be challenging. However, the links I gave will be a big help. I didn't start watching it until season 3, so I had a lot to learn and I got up to speed quickly.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved