The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 98 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#216874 - 04/05/12 07:32 PM free shipping membership...?
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Get this. I just began to place an order; they said the order qualified for free shipping. All I have to do is sign up for it. I began to do that and the {free shipping} would be billed to my credit card, monthy. That charge is more than the darn shipping would cost. Good grief!!!! Everybody has an angle. mad

#216875 - 04/05/12 08:03 PM Re: free shipping membership...? [Re: jabber]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Where was this?
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#216876 - 04/05/12 08:13 PM Re: free shipping membership...? [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

I hate to say the name of the company but they're one of those small catalogs that come in the mail with everything from soup to nuts in it. Now and again I'll order a thing or two. I fill out an order for something I really want. At the bottom they said it qualifies for free shipping. That sounds good, a matter of less than 8 dollars. So I said yes. Then they want me to fill out the "Free Shipping Membership" form. At the bottom of that they said they'd bill my credit card something like $12 plus dollars every month for this great honor. What a crock! This kind of stuff annoys me so much! I want the product but don't feel like dealing with this company now!!!

#217013 - 04/18/12 01:25 PM Re: free shipping membership...? [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Yesterday I received a phone call from a company rep regarding this transaction. When I mentioned the [so-called free shipping] notice, she said Internet scam-artists intercept orders and swindle customers in such a manner!!! Thank God I didn't lock into this process!!! Be careful with on-line ordering! This could've turned into a huge mess, had I not exited before completing their bogus form!

#217033 - 04/19/12 04:48 AM Re: free shipping membership...? [Re: jabber]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Please be assured that we are a company who is not one of them! We are an upstanding business from which whom several members here have ordered and been satisfied.

#217034 - 04/19/12 04:27 PM Re: free shipping membership...? [Re: Di]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Absolutely correct, Di! I and others here on the forum can vouch for the quality of your products and the wonderful speed and accuracy of your service.

Recently I have been hearing, though, of sites that have been "spoofed" or created to LOOK LIKE a legit site, with the intent to grab credit card information, and personal info.

Thus it is a good idea for online customers to check and double check your typing as you type in a URL. And be careful of clicking on links that come to you via email.

I love online shopping and I won't stop doing it. But unless you are actually in the physical store and/or face to face with the vendor - you as the customer still need to remember "buyer beware." And if something sounds too good to be true, or a bit "fishy," back off, like Jabber did.

And of course, vendors need to be equally vigilant to make sure that a "fake" version of their online store doesn't exist at a URL that is "close to" the real one. (Alternately, you can buy the URLs that are easy typos of yours, to keep them "off the market."
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#217035 - 04/19/12 05:51 PM Re: free shipping membership...? [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Di,
You provide wonderful customer service. I know your products are excellent. I know your ethics are excellent! God bless!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved