The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 180 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#217237 - 05/22/12 03:06 AM Re: Skin Care for Women Boomers [Re: Kathi Casey]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Hi Kathi,

I am another fan of Di's Shea butter. I had never tried a pure Shea before I bought some from her, and I was a bit disconcerted when it first arrived, as it initially did not as easy to use as lotions or other creams I had tried.

Di sends along an applicator -- looks like a popsicle stick -- with your purchase, and I used it to "dig" the butter out of my jar.

She advises users to place a small piece in your hand and massage it around until it warms up and "melts" a bit, making application easier.

However, last winter Di started selling a little electric warmer, her "Shea Butter Station" which allows the Shea to be dispensed as an oil.

Serendipitiously, at about the same time she did this, my Shea "tub" accidentally fell off my bedside table and landed on the floor board heat register in my bedroom.

When it found it, the heat had been on, and my Shea Butter had also turned itself to an oil.

So: while I have not purchased a "Shea Station," I HAVE enjoyed warmed Shea butter, and it is a true skin treat.

Just my "two cents worth," for the record. smile

www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#217238 - 05/22/12 11:22 AM Re: Skin Care for Women Boomers [Re: Anne Holmes]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Yes Anne.......Shea Butter, being something "real" and not chemical laden, does take getting used to. If we all want to get back to the "real" thing, it can take some education.

#217240 - 05/22/12 04:11 PM Re: Skin Care for Women Boomers [Re: Di]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Well, as we've all discovered Di, DuPont's "better living through chemistry" slogan was memorable, but not always true. Just as so many of us are now seeking out organics in our food, we're also turning to "real" products for our whole lives.

Skin, being our largest organ, certainly deserves treatment with healthy organics and botanicals. I'm so glad you make your "skin treats" available to the world.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#217244 - 05/23/12 11:55 AM Re: Skin Care for Women Boomers [Re: Anne Holmes]
Di Offline

Interesting about your "get real" comment.....I've used that lately...our new mantra for our business! To me "lotions" are for a prosthesis! They sure can shine them up!

Recently I saw a video about "getting real" for food as well. That we are starving our brains by purchasing processed foods...and trying our best to stick to the outside aisles of grocery stores.

This body has not had any "lotion" applied to it for over 12 years. My skin does not hurt, no cracked cuticle area, wrinkles are not so pronounced, hair is not dry and I can talk about what we use comfortably.

Edited by Di (05/23/12 11:56 AM)
Edit Reason: typos

#217251 - 05/24/12 12:34 AM Re: Skin Care for Women Boomers [Re: Di]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
I have to say, Di, that the Shea Butter has worked wonders for my partner. He's a carpenter and often works outside. The winter cold and the dry air in summer make the skin on his fingers crack. I started making him apply the Shea Butter every night and no more cracks (except when he forgets to use it in spite of my reminders!) I can't use it on my face but use it on my hands and lips and weekly on my hair.

And Kathi, I think you can order directly from the Desert Essence web site.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#217277 - 05/28/12 03:39 AM Re: Skin Care for Women Boomers [Re: yonuh]
Di Offline

We just received this fabulous testimony from a long-time customer and thought I'd share a portion...

Quote:

Even as a child I suffered painfully dry skin, so you may be able to imagine what it is like at the age of 79 (maybe not if your skin is not like mine). Since you introduced me to the Shea Butter and Avocado Oil product a few years ago it has been my main skin care product and like to have it handy on my bathroom vanity.

In a collectible store here in ABQ I found a 30s era china powder box that goes with my deco. So I now have my heated Shea Butter in the powder box, and voila! I have my skin product in a lovely flowered china box near at hand.

#217278 - 05/28/12 03:41 AM Re: Skin Care for Women Boomers [Re: yonuh]
Di Offline

Originally Posted By: yonuh
I have to say, Di, that the Shea Butter has worked wonders for my partner. He's a carpenter and often works outside. The winter cold and the dry air in summer make the skin on his fingers crack. I started making him apply the Shea Butter every night and no more cracks (except when he forgets to use it in spite of my reminders!) I can't use it on my face but use it on my hands and lips and weekly on my hair.

I love this!! Now what we need to do is add a reminder bell on our jars for the guys!!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved