The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 143 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#217469 - 07/04/12 09:47 PM Re: Walking with your dog(s) [Re: Anne Holmes]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
I can't imagine life without a dog, Anne. I tried it and was miserable. We have been a two-dog family now for almost 16 years. Our current two, the Heeler and the Mini Poodle, are such a joy. Training Spud, the poodle, took a while because he had been abandoned twice by the time he was 10 months old. We've had him for 4 years now, and he still forgets once in a while and marks something in the house when he gets excited and anxious, but those occasions are very rare. Peanut, the Queensland Heeler, is 10 but acts like a puppy. When we brought Spud home, she acted as if he was her puppy and corrects him and protects him like a good mom should. Having two dogs is a blessing most of the time, because they keep each other company and well-exercised. Peanut was devastated when Archie died and went into a depression for a couple of months. But she perked right up when Spud came to live with us; it gave her a job and a purpose.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#217482 - 07/06/12 01:50 PM Re: Walking with your dog(s) [Re: yonuh]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Never thought I'd admit it but two dogs are great. Most of my life I've just had 1; but when MIL passed away, we inherited her Corgi. The Goldendoodle and Corgi love each other; they play and have a great time together. They're a joy to watch. So I'm thankful for the two,even though they're double the work.

#217484 - 07/06/12 05:33 PM Re: Walking with your dog(s) [Re: jabber]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Jabber, that sounds great for all involved, you and the dogs.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#217494 - 07/08/12 03:28 PM Re: Walking with your dog(s) [Re: Anne Holmes]
judym Offline

Loc: AL
Wow, Anne, that is such a heart-rending (and still heart warming) story. I can certainly understand your hesitance to get involved with training a new dog, because they ARE just like children, they depend on us so for training and boundaries, love and care (and they give so much back in return). Lucky surely was one lucky canine to have such love, care and companionship.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved