The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 150 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#217841 - 09/19/12 08:04 PM Ever Tried a Holiday Home Exchange?
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
The other day I was contacted by a couple from the UK who are in the business of promoting the concept of home exchanges for a way to save big money on vacations/holidays.

The concept of a home exchange is that you save money by staying in someone's personal home, rather than staying in a hotel, B&B, etc. The home owner is not there -- they're off staying in someone else's home...

Just curious. Has anyone here tried this? Know anyone who has? Would you be interested in trying it?
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#217844 - 09/19/12 11:21 PM Re: Ever Tried a Holiday Home Exchange? [Re: Anne Holmes]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
I know the people are probably checked out, but I'm not sure I would want total strangers in my home while I'm not here. And I'm not sure I would be comfortable staying in a stranger's home, either. I think it's a great idea for inexpensive vacations, especially if the home owner leaves some information about the local area for the visitor. But still...
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#217847 - 09/20/12 02:47 AM Re: Ever Tried a Holiday Home Exchange? [Re: yonuh]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I feel the same way, Yonuh, about having strangers staying in my home. It might be different if one's home is set up for guests, but ours isn't. When we go away for long stretches of time, we have a house-sitter stay here, and that's difficult enough for me...I'd be too stressed out about total strangers snooping through our stuff. We'd have to drastically change our lifestyle in order to be able to put our house in the care of strangers like that.

Having said that, I'd actually probably enjoy staying in someone else's home for a vacation...but that's assuming that people who do put their houses on the market for vacationers have their homes set up for it.

(Maya Angelou)

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved