The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 135 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#218214 - 11/29/12 06:48 PM Super Motivator Zig Ziglar Has Died
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
I heard yesterday that Zig Ziglar had died after a bout of pneumonia, and I said a little prayer for the fact that this man entered my life 30-some years ago.

I don't talk about this often, but before I attended my first Zig Ziglar event, I was a woman with a master's degree, who had graduated college with honors and had a lot of potential. But that's what it remained -- potential. I was a person who was adept at using sarcasm, and I needed to be.

After all, I hung out with a bunch of negative people, including my first husband, who prized the ability to deliver a "put down" and aspired to nothing more than to have our month end before the paycheck ran out.

I had a friend who got involved in Amway, and she and her husband encouraged me to join them. My husband mocked me for doing this, but I did join them. Can't say I was successful, I wasn't too "into" recruiting people for my downline...

But because I was in Amway, my sponsors and I attended a couple of Zig Ziglar presentations at the local Masonic temple. I bought his book "See You at the Top," and read it cover to cover a couple of times. This led me to reading other motivational books and changed my way of thinking.

As a result, my life began to change. As I sit here and type, I can promise you that I would not be here today, your "Boomer in Chief" and a champion of the power of Boomer women if it weren't for that first Zig Ziglar speech.

I have no idea how many lives that man touched, but it has to be in the millions. Here's a tribute to Zig that I just read, written by super sales guru Dan Kennedy.

If you don't take time to read all of it, at least let me share these short paragraphs from Dan's article:

Quote:

During our talk, Zig hit on a couple of key principles that allow you to be one of those people that thrive no matter what the conditions. Not surprisingly, one of them was how to get motivated.

Zig said, “Don’t wait to get inspired. You have to manufacture your own inspiration and motivation.” He said you do that by talking to like-minded people and reading books. Zig read over three hours every day for over 30 years. His reading material included autobiographies, newspapers, and the bible.

Zig said everyone can find a mentor—and should. That who you associate with and what you read are great sources of inspiration.

He also said that you refuel and restart your motivation by re-reading things that inspire you so you can be reminded of what you need to know and the things that motivate you.

I didn't stay involved in Amway very long. Just long enough to understand that MLM's are not my thing. But I do continue to read uplifting books and avoid watching TV shows and movies that are negatively oriented.

So how about our BWS members? Anyone else a fan of Zig?
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#218216 - 11/29/12 07:06 PM Re: Super Motivator Zig Ziglar Has Died [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Have heard of Zig Ziglar, of course. Who hasn't? But I love positive people. And agree reading is one of the best things a person can do to increase their brain power. Think positive. Stay away from negative people, movies, and TV shows. This is why I love listening to Joyce Meyer and reading her books. The read the Bible and Portals of Prayer, daily. And that's what I'm about to do now. Prayers and blessings...

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved