The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 152 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#218885 - 04/17/13 01:08 AM Pampering dogs
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
I enjoyed writing this the blog post With pics of real pampering of dogs!

Edited by orchid (04/17/13 01:09 AM)

#218890 - 04/17/13 07:15 PM Re: Pampering dogs [Re: orchid]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Thanks for sharing, Orchid. Both story and images are well executed, as usual.

I think I best liked the image of the dog on the comfy cushion whose job, apparently, is to personally greet all guests at the Chateau Lake Louise.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#218891 - 04/17/13 07:42 PM Re: Pampering dogs [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Orchid,
I've seen a few of those doggie hotels on my travels roundabout.
Dog parks are great if you have dogs with sociable personalities. Great write-up. Enjoyed it very much.

#218904 - 04/22/13 02:30 AM Re: Pampering dogs [Re: jabber]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Several years ago we were in a motel in Santa Fe, NM. We had one of our dogs with us. The ONLY floor they'd allow us on was the smoking floor. Had to sleep under covers to protect our lungs, but the dog got to spend the night with us. We would not let her stay in the car alone.

So glad they've come "up to speed" on this stuff.

#218986 - 05/20/13 07:23 PM Re: Pampering dogs [Re: Di]
jabber Offline

As we traveled through Bradford, Pennsylvania, and surrounding townships this past weekend, I saw too many dogs chained to stakes in the yard, or ole, tumbledown dog houses. IMHO it's animal abuse for dogs to live like that. I noticed a Great Dane that's skin 'n bones chained to a tree. And that broke my heart. I don't know. Maybe it's just me. My dogs are treated like queens. Perhaps I overdo it. What say you?

#218987 - 05/20/13 07:35 PM Re: Pampering dogs [Re: jabber]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
IMHO if you have a dog, you need to be willing to give it care - including training, brushing, petting/paying personal attention to it, proper exercise (walks are good for both owner and dog), healthy food, proper shots, etc... If someone can't commit to doing that, they ought not to have a dog IMHO.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#218988 - 05/21/13 12:34 AM Re: Pampering dogs [Re: Anne Holmes]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
I feel so sorry for those dogs who are kept outside only and are not part of the family; unless they are working dogs. Here it is illegal to chain a dog outside or leave it without food, water, and shelter, and I have called the animal abuse task force on people who mistreat or neglect their animals - including leaving them in cars on sunny days. Did you know that even if the outside temperature is only 75 the temp inside the car gets up to 118? Imagine how high it gets if it's 80 or 90 outside!!
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#218990 - 05/21/13 10:13 PM Re: Pampering dogs [Re: yonuh]
jabber Offline

I have always thought tying a dog to a dog house or a stake in the yard and leaving it there is utmost cruelty. Why bother having a dog if you're going to do that. And I know about the car temp thing, yonuh. That's terrible. People even do that with their infants. It's insane.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved