The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 183 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#219329 - 08/09/13 08:41 PM What Makes for Retirement Bliss?
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
I just read an article in US News.com called 10 Ingredients for Retirement Bliss.

The list is written by a man, Dave Bernard, who writes a lot about money and retirement. In fact, he has a blog on the topic, Retirement - Only the Beginning

I like the title of his blog, because it's so true. For so many of us, we can expect to live 30 years or so beyond the traditional retirement age of 65.

Of course, those of you who follow the stuff I do on NABBW know that I've been doing teleseminars on preparing for and affording retirement for about 8 months now. Most of these calls have been with NABBW's New Retirement Associate, Pam Sams.

And, I'll be doing more on the topic, as my research shows that most Boomers are going to have a tough time retiring in the traditional sense of retirement made popular by our parents.

So take a look at this article, and let's talk about what makes for bliss in life -- whether or not we are yet retired. I think he lists a lot of good points, but I believe he's missing a few. For me, at least. I'd want to have "meaningful work" on the list. Whether or not I got paid for whatever I am doing...

What else is missing? In your opinion?

Anne
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#219334 - 08/11/13 01:01 PM Re: What Makes for Retirement Bliss? [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
What makes retirement bliss is having a wonderful spouse to share it with. Thank you, GOD! Blessings to all!!!

#219336 - 08/12/13 12:25 AM Re: What Makes for Retirement Bliss? [Re: jabber]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
It is very important to realize that demographics have changed: Less people having children, less people who even have a partner by the time they retire.

So to add to the list:

*Willingness to change/keep to healthy eating habits (notice I didn't call it diet)
*1 regular exercise activity that you enjoy doing several times weekly (can be walking, etc.)
*Living in a place that is warm, safe and quiet
*Engaged in a hobby or community activity several times per month or more often.
*Having a breadth of family contacts and reliable long standing friends across several age groups, whom you communicate and share common interests.
*Trying/learning a new skill that you enjoy. This can mean self-learning or taking a course/learning from more accomplished folks.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved