The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 137 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#220267 - 07/08/14 11:03 PM Re: Boomer books [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
I'm glad you said something, because I thought it was just me.
I believe I read "Old Man and The Sea"; "Of Mice 'n Men"; "A Nation of Sheep," etc. but that was back in school, many moons ago. I'm experimenting and trying to discern what makes certain books best sellers. I read somewhere that people have such busy lives and such little time, they like books about 200 pages in size so they can zip through them. I've read books, with glaring mistakes, supposedly written by famous people. The public seems to think it's an easy thing to write a book. But those are the folks' that never tried to accomplish the very undertaking they're critizing.

#220404 - 08/24/14 10:20 PM Re: Boomer books [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Just finished reading "Gone Girl" by Gillian Flynn. I liked most of it but the ending disappointed me. Bad people shouldn't get away with doing bad things, which happens in real life. And that makes me sick. This book did reached the New York Times Best Sellers List, so perhaps I'm in the minority. Anyone else read "Gone Girl"?

#220407 - 08/25/14 03:31 AM Re: Boomer books [Re: jabber]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
I haven't read that one, jabber. I read the synopsis, and it just didn't appeal to me. Same for the whole Hunger Games series - didn't interest me.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#220408 - 08/26/14 01:08 PM Re: Boomer books [Re: yonuh]
jabber Offline

Hi yonuh,
Like I said, I liked it all the way to the end. The ending is shockingly abrupt. And with a ton of rottenness, nobody is accountable. What a crock of crackers!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved