The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 123 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#220037 - 04/14/14 07:58 PM Re: People hurting people... [Re: Ellemm]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Last night city paper. Excerpt: Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval critized BLM (Bureau of Land Management) for creating "an atmosphere of intimidation." He praises the agency, after it backed down. What I read on Facebook about this on April 12, 2014 is by Rusty Hill, a Nevada land broker of 20 years in the Bundy ranch area. "It's prime real estate, not worthless desert. There is a natural gas pipline going though there and lots of water underground too. Somebody connected to a military corporation is using political power and the BLM to muscle those people out." Also: "It is not about turtles, it is about water. There are developers working for military contractors that want that land and water for mining weapons grade minerals for industry. They want to sell the land by the highway for real estate development because it's close to I-15. For over 20 years Bundy's have refused to sell what they actually, directly own."

I was raised on a dairy farm that had a herd of 200 cows. I know you don't easily separate a mother cow from her calf, before the baby is an appropriate age. Moving 400 cows is no easy task. It should not have been done.

As far as Fox News reporters are concerned, Bill O'Reilly is sweet, compassionate, man operating out of common sense. I've read 5 or 6 of his New York Times' #1 Best Sellers. If half the world were as smart and used as much common sense as he does, we wouldn't have all these problems. Don't know much about Greta or Hannity's background. But I doubt if they could say things that were not true without being sued.

#220038 - 04/14/14 08:46 PM Re: People hurting people... [Re: Ellemm]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Well I still know nothing about this case, so I will stay out of the discussion, and learn about it by listening to y'all discuss it.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#220040 - 04/15/14 11:46 AM Re: People hurting people... [Re: Anne Holmes]
Ellemm Offline

Whatever you say, jabber. You have , of course, a right to your opinion, but I don't like being talked down to. I'll remove myself from this topic.

Edited by Ellemm (04/15/14 11:56 AM)

#220043 - 04/15/14 04:19 PM Re: People hurting people... [Re: Ellemm]
jabber Offline

Wasn't talking down to anyone. And apologize if it sounded that way. Was just trying to explain why I said what I first said and where I came by that opinion. Don't remove yourself. Discussions are fun. Isn't that what forums are all about, anyhow? When the BLM moved those 400 cows, it's report they lost 100 plus cows; some calves were orphaned; etc. I just said what was being reported, Ellemm.

#220044 - 04/15/14 08:33 PM Re: People hurting people... [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

It's all the shootings, stabbing, airline uproar, and bombings that are unnerving, anyway. The Bundy Ranch episode is just an example of all the unrest sweeping this country. IMHO!

#220045 - 04/16/14 04:05 PM Re: People hurting people... [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

yonuh is right. Bundy's land is Federal Land. He's probably looking for a loophole by saying it's State Land. Apparently his family has grazed their cattle on the land for generations.
I'm thinking he probably doesn't have the money. Who has a million dollars, plus, hanging around.

#220046 - 04/16/14 07:04 PM Re: People hurting people... [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Ellemm, I'd still like to know what I said that sounded like talking down. I don't have time to spend on a lot of research. And can't explain why I thought I was answering a post from Di when it was yonuh. Must've read a post by Di and had her on my mind. But yonuh has forgiven me and is so sweet when I goof up. Looking forward to hearing from you, regarding this matter.

#220047 - 04/17/14 06:09 PM Re: People hurting people... [Re: jabber]
Ellemm Offline

I'm sure I must have been having an oversensitive day and want to offer my apologies. Peace.

#220053 - 04/18/14 08:01 PM Re: People hurting people... [Re: Ellemm]
jabber Offline

Offer accepted. I have many oversensitive days and understand totally.

#220083 - 04/28/14 07:16 PM Re: People hurting people... [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

I suspect many folks' sympathizing with Mr. Bundy's situation are now wishing they'd looked the other way after his remarks regarding slavery. whistle

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved