The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 112 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#220392 - 08/19/14 02:24 PM Prayer Request for Steve
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Hello everyone! I am asking for prayers for my husband Steve. He fell yesterday and has injured a kidney and cracked a rib. I know it is very odd, but it's the facts.

He went to our local hospital, and was ambulanced to a trauma 1 hospital, 90 miles away.

If you don't hear from me in the next day or so, this will be why.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#220393 - 08/19/14 03:02 PM Re: Prayer Request for Steve [Re: Anne Holmes]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
I'm so sorry to hear this, Anne. Definitely will be keeping you in thought and prayer.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#220394 - 08/19/14 04:45 PM Re: Prayer Request for Steve [Re: yonuh]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Oh my........

dear Heavenly Father.......touch Steve's body as he heals from his injuries. Direct the doctor's hands and minds as they determine the best form of treatment.

In Jesus'name, Amen!

#220395 - 08/19/14 08:18 PM Re: Prayer Request for Steve [Re: Di]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Prayers for Steve (and you too) from here, Anne! Keeping you in heart and prayers throughout. xoxo

(Maya Angelou)

#220396 - 08/19/14 10:55 PM Re: Prayer Request for Steve [Re: Eagle Heart]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Sorry Anne. Am praying and will keep praying for Steve to have a 100% recovery!

Father God please heal every area of injury Steve Holmes sustained during his fall. Bless and undertake Anne and give her the strength and wisdom to help Steve regain his health, with a renewed vigor and strength he's never known. Amen!

#220397 - 08/20/14 01:50 AM Re: Prayer Request for Steve [Re: jabber]
Boomer in Chief

Thank you all for your prayers. The news is good. The urologist who's treating him says the kidney appears in his opinion to "only have a deep bruise," which means no surgery to remove it, so as long as it doesn't start bleeding again between now and tomorrow, there is a good chance he will be released from the hospital sometime tomorrow. His 10th rib is broken, though so that will take 6-8 weeks to heal. And in the meantime, he'll need to be on some strong pain meds, I guess.

I'll keep you all in the loop, but if you don't hear much from me tomorrow, it is because I drove off to Rockford to pick him up.

Blessings to all of you powerful prayer warriors! And thank you!
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#220398 - 08/20/14 09:48 PM Re: Prayer Request for Steve [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

This is great news. My MIL had a broken rib and was much older than your Steve when that happened. They don't do anything but let that heal by itself. At least that's how they handled hers.
Prayers and blessings; you take care of yourself, too, Anne.

#220399 - 08/21/14 02:58 PM Re: Prayer Request for Steve [Re: jabber]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
So glad for the good news!
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#220401 - 08/22/14 02:01 PM Re: Prayer Request for Steve [Re: yonuh]
jabber Offline

How is Steve doing, Anne?

#220403 - 08/24/14 06:42 PM Re: Prayer Request for Steve [Re: jabber]
Boomer in Chief

Hi Jabber,

Thanks for asking about Steve. He's doing a lot better, but still taking pain meds every 4 hours.

I think (hope) I posted that late Wednesday I went to Rockford, IL to St. Anthony's, the trauma 1 center he'd been ambulanced to, to pick him up.

I could have ridden in the ambulance with him, but we decided not to, for a number of very sensible reasons.

He was released to go home after his red blood counts had stabilized so the doctors knew he was no longer bleeding internally.

His exterior bruises are healing nicely, but he still has a damaged kidney and a broken rib. Nothing that can be done for either except give time to heal and pain meds.

Each day since he got home is a little better, a little more close to normal. But he says he’s not up to leaving the house yet, except to go to the doctors, but right now he is working at his desk, and watching the Cardinals game while he texts with his brother in California.

He needs assistance to get up from anywhere, but he can now sit down at the dining table and his desk by himself. Baby steps, but we celebrate them.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved