The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 139 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#220454 - 09/19/14 12:24 AM Who Likes Cheeseburgers?
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
I discovered earlier today that today is National Cheeseburger Day! Ahh, the PR people that had fun coming up with a special day for cheeseburgers... Hard work, but someone has to do it!

Personally I'm sort of bored with cheeseburgers, have been for a few years now. I try not to make them, though my husband still insists that mine are great, and I have to break down and make them now and then.

The other day I came across a recipe for Mexi Cheeseburger Quesadillas which was quite the hit at our house... So good I'll probably make them again this week in honor of Cheeseburger Day!

Anyone else have an alternate to making burgers? Tell us about it!

Anne
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#220455 - 09/19/14 01:02 AM Re: Who Likes Cheeseburgers? [Re: Anne Holmes]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
We're still trying to find a decent meatless alternative. We've tried everything out there and most of them taste awful. There are a couple that are okay. But we've given up on it.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#220456 - 09/19/14 01:57 PM Re: Who Likes Cheeseburgers? [Re: yonuh]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
It's really hard to find a good cheeseburger at restaurants anymore. Sometimes I just gotta have one, but few and far between.

If found the last one at K-Bobs has a good one. Also, Texas Roadhouse used to have good ones, but have not been there in a while.

The meat, anymore, is tasteless to me.

#220457 - 09/19/14 07:15 PM Re: Who Likes Cheeseburgers? [Re: Di]
Boomer in Chief

I think Steve likes the cheeseburgers at Culvers, but I am not sure there ARE any Culvers in New Mexico or NY. (OK, I checked, there are Culvers in AZ, but not in NM or NY.) They do pride themselves on the quality of their beef.

I believe I have also had a good burger -- though a huge one -- a Red Robin. They also pride themselves on what they call their "gourmet burgers."

But I think the number of burgers I eat in a year would likely be countable on the fingers of one hand!
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#220469 - 09/23/14 11:45 PM Re: Who Likes Cheeseburgers? [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
WB likes Burger King burgers; I like McDonald's Big Macs. We don't have Culvers' in WNY that I know of. Don't remember seeing a Red Robin either.

#220472 - 09/25/14 02:57 AM Re: Who Likes Cheeseburgers? [Re: jabber]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
My Dad used to make the best BBQ cheeseburgers in the entire world, or at least that's what we all thought, and still do. If the word got out that he was making BBQ hamburgers at the cottage, people would come from miles around begging for just a whiff, and hoping for a whole burger! He eventually had to set aside one day every summer for everyone to come and have some of his BBQ burgers. Although most of those people have passed away now, there are still a few around who remember and still talk about those BBQ cheeseburgers.

He never really told any of us his secret recipe. But after he died, I made it my life mission to experiment with what he DID tell us and then figure out that missing secret ingredient. I've come very very close and have decided to leave it at that for now because they're amazing. I can't divulge it all, but will say that adding worchester sauce and paprika make a huge difference.

Hubby and I used to be huge fans of Wendy's bacon-cheeseburger. But the last couple of times we've tried them, we found them so full of sodium and they had such a strong fishy taste to them that we can't bring ourselves to go back. Definitely not healthy! I prefer to make my own because then I can control what goes into the mix.

(Maya Angelou)

#220474 - 09/26/14 03:57 AM Re: Who Likes Cheeseburgers? [Re: Eagle Heart]
Boomer in Chief

A fishy bacon cheeseburger would be gross! I wonder how that is happening?

And I agree, there is way too much salt in restaurant foods...
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved