The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 111 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#220815 - 03/30/15 08:46 PM Keeping Up wih the HoneyBee Issues
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
We haven't discussed the plight of the honeybees here for quite awhile. And yet, here is where I really learned that there is a problem and its magnitude.

So I thought I'd post this link I found on Facebook. A street artist in London is trying to make people aware of the potential for Colony Collapse Disorder.

And I also want to mention the work being done by Cascadian Farms. Has anyone seen anything in the news about their planned wildflower seed drops? "Flower bombing, "they call it.

Here's a link to a video about the flower bombing campaign.

I hope it works!!
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#220822 - 04/05/15 08:17 PM Re: Keeping Up wih the HoneyBee Issues [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Well, WB plants hundreds of flowers every spring. So perhaps that'll help. The only thing I really know about Bees is that I don't want to get stung by one. I asked Dee to chime in here. She's the beekeeper person.

#220828 - 04/09/15 05:20 PM Re: Keeping Up wih the HoneyBee Issues [Re: jabber]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Thanks, I DO hope Dee will share her thoughts. I believe the situation has become worse since she first brought it to our attention here.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved