The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 183 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#220977 - 08/10/15 08:41 PM Re: If you were... [Re: jabber]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Per your list, I'm glad to "see" the absence of several of the men on the stage, Jabber.

As for those who remain: I respect Dr. Carson, I can see him in the role of a statesman. And I know he has to be smart, being as he's a successful neurosurgeon. Which means, that like Trump, he's an "outsider," which I know you think is needed. But I agree he is not bombastic, like Trump.

I also wonder, Jabber, whether Trump will be able to be diplomatic enough to handle some of the "meet and potatoes" parts of the job. You know, the rubber chicken dinners with boring speakers, etc.

I don't know if he will be able to earn respect from the heads of the other nations, or whether they will collectively see him as a buffoon.

Wonder what would happen were the party to end up with a "Trump Carson" ticket?
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#220979 - 08/11/15 01:05 PM Re: If you were... [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
A Trump, Carson or Trump, Fiorina would be good, IMHO.
Anybody that doesn't respect a person who builds an empire of
over 10 Billion dollars and is the CEO of nearly 500 companies,
has their own issues. America needs leaders with courage, finesse and guts. Trump says what he thinks. I admire that.
People who say nothing and expect you to read their minds,
are not being considerate. Americans need to know where they stand and other countries need to know where America stands!
Whimpy, mamby-pamby isms don't cut it in a world where they blow people up and/or cut their heads-off for fun!

#221007 - 09/02/15 09:58 PM Re: If you were... [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

I'd even like a Trump/Palin ticket.

How about that Dr. Carson. He's awesome!

#221009 - 09/03/15 06:37 PM Re: If you were... [Re: jabber]
Boomer in Chief

I'd say Dr. Carson is starting to gain some traction. With the actual election so far away, it's just a soap opera right now, IMHO.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#221013 - 09/09/15 04:47 PM Re: If you were... [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

I agree. I like Dr. Carson. But I still think America needs someone bold and brassy. Laidback and easy-going seems to get walk upon, IMHO.

#221015 - 09/09/15 09:13 PM Re: If you were... [Re: jabber]
Boomer in Chief

Jabber, my biggest concern with Trump is that he will insult some major world power's leader with his "bold, brassy" behavior.

I worry that, while he is clearly a "quick learner," he just might put his foot into some steaming "stuff," and not be able to recover.

But, time will tell!
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#221016 - 09/09/15 10:47 PM Re: If you were... [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Well IMHO a career politican like Hillary has put her foot in steaming stuff. The current administration has it foot in some steaming stuff, from which the country may never recover. I'd rather have someone tell it like it is, than lie to the public...like the architect of Obama Care did while calling the public stupid. This country is in a mess. We need a superhero to ride in and save America or else being nice, nice is going to destroy what hundreds of thousands of lives have been given to save.

You know I think the world of you, Anne. But Trump is passionate about "Making America Great Again." And he has the moxie to do it.

#221019 - 09/10/15 06:39 PM Re: If you were... [Re: jabber]
Boomer in Chief

Jabber, there's been a lot of stepping in stuff, and I would never defend Hillary for her actions. So please don't think of me as a Hillary Democrat. You would be wrong.

As you say, Trump has a lot of moxie, that is for sure. And a ton of people like him a lot, which is crucially important and congruent with what you are saying.

But Trump is a bully. What he did to Carly Fiorina yesterday is nothing but rude and awful.

He appears to insult her looks - which is just plain rude and unmannerly. And then when he gets called on it, he pleads that he didn't mean her "facial appearance," he means her "persona" - whatever he means by that. And yet the words out of his mouth were, "Look at that face."

By the way, here's EXACTLY what Wikipedia has to say as a definition of "persona:"
Quote:
A persona (plural personae or personas), in the word's everyday usage, is a social role or a character played by an actor. The word is derived from Latin, where it originally referred to a theatrical mask.[1] The Latin word probably derived from the Etruscan word "phersu", with the same meaning, and that from the Greek.

Its meaning in the latter Roman period changed to indicate a "character" of a theatrical performance or court of law, when it became apparent that different individuals could assume the same role, and legal attributes such as rights, powers, and duties followed the role. The same individuals as actors could play different roles, each with its own legal attributes, sometimes even in the same court appearance.

According to other sources, which also admit that the origin of the term is not completely clear, persona could possible be related to the latin verb per-sonare, literally: sounding through, with an obvious link to the above-mentioned theatrical mask.

Jabber, despite this, I read that Republican women continue to be totally supportive of Trump.
So you are clearly among a large and happy group of women.

Meanwhile, I, who votes as an independent, have to tell you that I don't get this behavior, and if he continues to run wild like this, I fear that if he's elected, he will say something just as rude to some head of state. And then try to do 'damage control' in he same way he is doing now.

This will not to a thing to make the United States a better place.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#221020 - 09/10/15 09:51 PM Re: If you were... [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

I hear what you're saying. And I understand your point of view.
But the current President, no disrepect intended, has a very
laidback manner and that's gotten the USA nowhere except walked all over. I don't think Donald J. Trump intended to say anything negative about Carly's features just her demeanor. But he's taken a lot of guff about his hair, etc. I like many of the GOP
contenders. I'm a product of my environment. Pres. Eisenhower helped my adoptive mom save the family farm when I was a kid. And that left an impression on me that's not easily shaken. And I can't tell you how grateful I am for being adopted. God and my adoptive parents saved me from total destruction. But even if not for that, America is in a mess. It needs saving. Trump can't be too stupid to have amassed over 10 Billion dollars in assets. When America is almost 20 Trillion in debt, what the heck is our government doing giving away huge sums of money to all these other countries? That's nuts!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved