The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 183 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#221221 - 07/08/16 09:23 PM FBI...?
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Should FBI Director Comey be replaced?

#221224 - 07/14/16 08:40 PM Re: FBI...? [Re: jabber]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
I must have missed something. What's up with the FBI Director?
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#221226 - 07/20/16 01:17 PM Re: FBI...? [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

FBI director got on TV,
listed a number problems he found wrong with Hillary's
email scandal; then proceeded to excuse the whole
mess. Folks' got a bit upset with the man.

#221227 - 07/20/16 05:53 PM Re: FBI...? [Re: jabber]
Boomer in Chief

And now the media is all about Melania Trump and plagiarism. I actually feel sorry for the woman. She doesn't like public speaking, and while she looked beautiful giving her speech, all heck has broken loose.

As a person who in the past has ghostwritten a ton of speeches, I know it is standard procedure to check and see what others have said in the past. But I sure do want to know who was the idiot who added the quotes from Mrs. Obama's speech.

They say it isa sign of the lack of experience of Trump's campaign team. But you've got to think, if you're going to quote liberally from the wife of the man about whom your husband has been saying is all manner of awful stuff - how could that go wrong???

Guess it will be a bit before the media picks up on Hillary and her email again...
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#221229 - 07/20/16 10:59 PM Re: FBI...? [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Mrs. Trump's speech writer has come forward and said the mistake is hers. I knew it had to be some innocent mistake. Mrs. Trump, like I told Jenny and Cindy Stees, fluently speaks five languages.
She's smart and classy. She would never deliberately plagiarize anything. She admires and mentions Mrs. Obama's words to the writer writing her own speech; the writer took notes and carelessly included some of those in Melania's. Reporters have it in for Donald J. because he jacked a couple of them up during the primaries. So they're beating human error to death, as they do everything. If there's a major story during the day, you'll hear it on every program over and over and over.

#221230 - 07/25/16 05:21 PM Re: FBI...? [Re: jabber]
Boomer in Chief

Jabber, I fear we'll never know the total truth about who actually wrote that speech, and how the Michelle Obama quote got past all the editors. But yes, they did find a speechwriter to "fall on her sword" and claim the error was hers.

However, IMHO, no speechwriter good enough to make it into the Trump's employ is actually stupid enough to make that sort of "grammar school" writing error. (Note the Tump has determined she need not be fired...)

There's still something fishy going on.

However, I do recognize that Melania speaks five languages and that she is smart and classy.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#221231 - 07/26/16 10:15 PM Re: FBI...? [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

We kind of got off the main subject which was about FBI Director Comey listing things that Hillary had done which weren't right and then saying he won't bring charges. You talk about fishy goings-on. And the way the AG answers questions is an entertaining trip. Neither side trusts the other. And that's sad. But they say there are more Democrats than GOP, so she probably has it in the bag.

#221232 - 07/26/16 10:36 PM Re: FBI...? [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Well I suppose we could discuss how Donald J. Trump shoots himself in the foot every time he mouths off!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved