The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 121 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#33245 - 06/19/05 08:40 AM Re: Husband has Bipolar
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Dotsie, allow me be the first to volunteer my services. I am not sure how it works but I would be honored to give something back to my Boomer community. I have gained so much from your site and would love to return the favor.

chick

#33246 - 06/19/05 06:10 PM Re: Husband has Bipolar
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Chick, thanks. I wasn't expecting this kind of response. The seed has been planted. Let me see how I can make it grow. I'm thinking about this differently now. I'll get back to you. WOW!

#33247 - 06/19/05 06:26 PM Re: Husband has Bipolar
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Dotsie,

Moderating a topic on a board is no big deal. Most of us check in every day anyways! you can count me in also! I'll moderate the "margaritaville" topic. (just kidding).

danita

#33248 - 06/20/05 05:31 AM Re: Husband has Bipolar
wordcharmer Offline

Loc: Ohio
Lynn, I think dealing with not having my son around is one of the hardest things that I've ever had to deal with emotionally. Even harder than being an abuse survivor. I even had to take his pictures off the wall. Can't even look at family albums! He is my first born and we use to be so close. It hurts so much, but I try to go one day at a time and put him out of my mind. Most of you would know how hard that is for a mom.

Chickadee, I use to be one of those that would go on my way. I am pretty shy, but have learned to say what's on my mind by doing my topic at Suite101.

Thanks again for your kind words.

[ June 19, 2005, 10:33 PM: Message edited by: wordcharmer ]

#33249 - 06/20/05 05:58 AM Re: Husband has Bipolar
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I will be happy to moderate a topic.
smile

#33250 - 06/20/05 09:02 AM Re: Husband has Bipolar
Princess Lenora Offline

Hi Wordcharmer, it's hard to measure one painful experience with another. Pain is pain. I am not a mother. For one reason, I was afraid to bring another child into a family of abusers and perpetrators. But I do understand how the estrangment from your son can be almost too much to bear. Love and Light, Lynn

#33251 - 06/20/05 04:04 PM Re: Husband has Bipolar
wordcharmer Offline

Loc: Ohio
I should have added, the most painful I have had to deal with as an adult. It took me over 35 years to heal from the pain of my childhood. Both events are traumatic, but emotionally, this seems harder. But I deal with things much differently now, than I did when I was a young woman. Back then, I was self-destructive and I let the past almost destroy me. Today, I find constructive ways to release my pain. So although the situation with my son is painful, I find can get through it with meditation, prayer and my writing.

Blessings Lynn.

#33252 - 06/20/05 06:33 PM Re: Husband has Bipolar
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Word, you may want to email chatty. She had to use tough love with one of her sons. As a result, she hasn't seen him in years. This is something she has shared occasionally in the forums.

Smile, chick, and danita, I will be in touch at the end of this week. Thanks so much for offering. I'm thrilled.

#33253 - 06/21/05 07:46 AM Re: Husband has Bipolar
Princess Lenora Offline

Wordcharmer, thanks for sharing on this sensitive subject. I wasn't trying to qualify your pain. I was just not minimizing pain in general. The last two sentences of your message I could have written myself. I too was self-destructive as a ramification of child abuse. I know that if I had had children I would have screwed up as a parent (not that I am suggesting you did!) The ramifications of abuse are infinite in one way or another. I'd say that one way I am still self-destructive is through negative self-talk which beats me up mentally. I'm working on it. Love and Light, Lynn

#33254 - 06/21/05 06:01 AM Re: Husband has Bipolar
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
Wordcharmer -

I have been reading this thread from the beginning and have wanted to reply to your posts but I couldnt seem to find the words I wanted

I know your pain - from childhood to a son lost

I like to believe that when God closes a door - he opens a window -- and one day the sun is going to shine through that window with a warmth like you've never known before

You just have to believe [Smile]

Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved