The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 122 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#33274 - 01/28/05 12:08 PM Aunt is bipolar but bipolarhappens helped!
Bbaby Offline

My aunt was diagnosed with bipolar disorder and i have been so sad and gleaning ANY information I could off the internet ever since. Someone on here recommded bipolarhappens and i went and took a look a while back. I can't tell you how much her acceptance newsletter helped me! You get it when you sign up for the newsletters, it comes a little later. I knew I like this site but wow, this is great stuff. I needed that acceptance newsletter so much! I had told my aunt she needed another opinion!! Guess I was in denial! I had seen that she (the author) charged 50. for her health cards but they are just 39. for a download!! This woman is sooo soo soo good! I just wanted to share! I can't wait to help my aunt this stuff is fantastic! I would reccomend to anyone out there.

#33275 - 01/29/05 08:25 AM Re: Aunt is bipolar but bipolarhappens helped!
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
You're talking about Julie Fast and her program, BiPolar Happens. I've read her stuff as well.

You might be interested in a couple of other books that get excellent recommendations:

BiPolar Disorder: A guide for patients and families by Francis Mark Mondimore, M.D.

The Bipolar Disorder Survival Guide: What you and your family need to know by David J. Miklowitz, PhD

#33276 - 01/29/05 08:59 AM Re: Aunt is bipolar but bipolarhappens helped!
Bbaby Offline

Yes, Julie Fast.There is so much information to get through. I guess I was relieved to see a holistic approach written in plain english.

Thank you for your suggestions. I am going to go take a look. I have been reading so much on this board, it has been so helpful too.

Thank you all for talking so openly!

#33277 - 01/28/05 09:10 PM Re: Aunt is bipolar but bipolarhappens helped!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
bbaby, I like your screen name!

Make sure you lurk around all the mental illness topics and posts. There's a lot of information that's been shared about bipolar.

Hope to see you in the other forums too!

#33278 - 01/28/05 09:46 PM Re: Aunt is bipolar but bipolarhappens helped!
mammajude Offline

Loc: San Diego, Ca
Hi Bbaby,
That's neet that your such a support for your aunt. She really needs that right now. Just remember Julie Fast has a lot of good suggestions..but she cannot tolerater a lot of meds so she has had to develop this way of handling things. Most people do respond to meds and need to stay on them!!! Please make sure your aunt has a good psychiatrist and psychologist to work with her on getting her the right meds and counseling. It sure helps. And of course she needs the support from family members. Take the NAMI Family to Family class. Its excellent!!!! It will give you so much information and educate you soooo much.
My husband has bipolar and its been a rough road. Hang in there.

#33279 - 01/02/07 08:41 PM Re: Aunt is bipolar but bipolarhappens helped! [Re: Bbaby]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
bbaby, thanks so much for sharing how happy you are with that site. A friend of mine was traveling a couple summers ago and actually met the gal who founded the site. That's how I learned about it. I am thankful for your post. I hope you'll stick around and tell us more about yoruself. I appreciate the feedback.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved