The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 122 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#33590 - 08/08/05 07:37 AM Interrupted Sanity Story Link
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
This is the appropriate heading to post this in, I do believe. [Eek!] [Frown]

I wrote this true story for a contest called “Unhappy Childhood.” I attempted to write it through the many tears that ran down my face as I recalled these times. Writing this story was supposed to be therapeutic but instead I think I need a therapist to help me unravel all that has happened (BTW- I laughed out loud instead of crying just then)

I was sad that I have such a story to enter into a contest like this. Sadder when it won a ribbon. Even sadder that since I wrote it (one of many) those memories are resurfacing and interrupting my sanity…sorta stealing my joy but suppressing them has done no good. They have to be released in one way or another I guess but my goodness how these hurt.

The explicit words used in this story are quotes demonstrative of the verbal, emotional and “you name it” kind of abuse endured.

http://mem.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/956902

#33591 - 08/08/05 08:33 AM Re: Interrupted Sanity Story Link
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi Sugar, I eagerly tried to get to your article but no success. In the web address, are there spaces between the words "view" and "item" and the words "item" and "id"? I'd like to take a look see at what you wrote. I am sad and sorry that you had to experience so much abuse. I had to resume therapy during the course of writing my book. The thing about suppressing bad memories is that you suppress the good too. A good way to release them is by writing and also by seeing a counselor. Let me know a better link, okay? Love and Light, Lynn

[ August 08, 2005, 01:35 AM: Message edited by: lynn329 ]

#33592 - 08/08/05 09:21 AM Re: Interrupted Sanity Story Link
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Lynn, the address took me straight to the story.
I copied and pasted the link into the forum. Did you try copy/paste?

Let me know and I'll send it to your email address if it doesn't work.

Thanks for the comfort of your words.

#33593 - 08/08/05 09:23 AM Re: Interrupted Sanity Story Link
Dotsie Offline
Founder

#33594 - 08/08/05 11:38 AM Re: Interrupted Sanity Story Link
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
This is so sad. I'm glad you won the contest but sorry you had to go through so much crap to get there.

#33595 - 08/08/05 05:54 PM Re: Interrupted Sanity Story Link
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Oh honey. Your story just broke my heart. There are no words that I can write to make it better or make it all go away. I'm so, so sorry. We love you.

#33596 - 08/09/05 07:54 AM Re: Interrupted Sanity Story Link
unique Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Sugar,
I am so sorry for your loss and your pain. I'm praying that your heart and soul heals from this. May God bless you & comfort you, today - and every day.

#33597 - 08/08/05 10:00 PM Re: Interrupted Sanity Story Link
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Sugar. My heart goes out to you. You've uncovered some horrible, heartwrenching memories that need to be dealt with. Your suggestion for a therapist isn't a bad one. I'd consider it. There's nothing wrong with getting help. Please, do so. You'll be so much better for it. Be Strong.

#33598 - 08/08/05 10:54 PM Re: Interrupted Sanity Story Link
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Vicki, I'm going to get thru this. I've been working on it for a very, very long time. I will be one of those women you have posted...strong women...unforgettable.

The part that really slows me up most of the time is having to relive it while writing. I know this story has only described what I've been thru but soon I'd like to see a transition to the real meaning behind these horror stories. I want to share what I did to survive. It's hard to get to the survivor in me right now and that is so dissatifying because I want to be better right now.

Thanks all for the support here. Send the prayers to help me defeat this so that I can continue to move forward.

Ironically, all of those men have since died horrible deaths. I think that bothers me too since I can't get revenge. Well, revenge isn't mine to have anyway, huh?

My peace is here right now. I'm at work on break. Fortunately, I am working on a Catholic college campus for the next two or so weeks where there are many gentle souls walking around speaking and smiling and even talking and laughing with. God must have placed me here. Of course I have never shared any of this with them. Just being here around humble beings is good enough.
Have a blessed day to all,

Sheree

[ August 08, 2005, 03:56 PM: Message edited by: Sugaree ]

#33599 - 08/09/05 07:05 AM Re: Interrupted Sanity Story Link
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi Sheree, I am so sorry for what you have been put through. I hope you move through these memories and events with hope and peace. Love and Light, Lynn

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved