The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 134 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#33653 - 09/01/05 06:40 AM Re: Is Being a Victim Like a Drug?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Congrats to you Lynn. Hope this take you to yet another plateau of success. You deserve it.

Sugaree

#33654 - 09/02/05 06:37 AM Re: Is Being a Victim Like a Drug?
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Sugar, thanks so much. LLL

#33655 - 09/04/05 01:39 AM Re: Is Being a Victim Like a Drug?
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Dear Lynn,

As you know the hurricane has caused all our lives havoc here in the south so i haven't been able to respond to your wonderful messages. To bring you up to date...Robin has traded her car (mom paid $2500 cash for it 3 weeks ago) for $100 worth of crack. My MIL told my husband that she sat in the kitchen with the door closed as Robin reported the car stolen knowing it had not been stolen but sold for drugs. Robin now lives with my MIL because she's hocked everything she has and refuses to live in her hot section 8 apartment. And my MIL won't let her. We talked with my sister-in-law during the hurricane (well, right afterward) and she told us that my MIL gets angry when anyone tries to talk to her now about Robin...she's so deep into denial that none of us can believe it. I've refused to go over there because Robin is there. We did go over and help pick up limbs...they were everywhere...I found Robin and told her we needed her help...otherwise she would have sat on her butt and smoked her cigarettes that her mom pays for. I was so furious by the time I left that I cannot bring myself to go back over there. My husband is between a rock and a hard place because it's his mom and he loves her and she depends on him for certain things...it's easier for me to 'make excuses' not to go over there.
My husband and I try to not talk about Robin anymore and focus on our lives and our marriage. He just gets upset when he thinks about how much of a fool Robin is making of his Mother and that his Mom allows it.
Thank you so much for your offering of words and comfort. You are so precious and I'm so sorry you had to go through what you did. I'm going to buy your book and read it.
Hugs,
Dee

#33656 - 09/04/05 08:29 AM Re: Is Being a Victim Like a Drug?
Princess Lenora Offline

Dearest Dee, yes, I realize the hurricane became a survival mode for you. I think that is horrible, horrible, that Robin sold the car your MIL paid for! What next? I can understand how you and your H cannot talk about Robin anymore. It is such a painful situation. I won't bring it up again unless you have more you want to talk about. Yes, I went through a lot, but I survived, and now I am having the best time of my life. I survived so that I can be of service to others through relating my experiences to theirs. I never, ever want anyone to feel like they are alone. Let me know when you are ready to buy I copy and we can PM the details. Love and Light, Lynn

#33657 - 09/05/05 06:38 PM Re: Is Being a Victim Like a Drug?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Dee, Lynn is a past BWS Featured Author. Her book is well worth the read. She's an awesome writer. She takes you along for the journey. Her optimistic attitude offers hope to the reader.

[ September 05, 2005, 11:39 AM: Message edited by: Dotsie ]

#33658 - 09/05/05 11:16 PM Re: Is Being a Victim Like a Drug?
Princess Lenora Offline

Thanks Dotsie. I take a bow! Love and Light, Lynn

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved