The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 134 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#33660 - 09/11/05 12:27 PM Real good story on living with mental illness
Tillie Offline

Loc: Florida
Has any one read the books by the Johnstons?

They are really good accounts on living with serious mental illness and self harm and the like.

Suzy Johston wrote The Naked Bird Watcher on how she developed real bad mental illnesss and self-harmed etc. It gives fantastic insight and then she tells you about her recovery and that is just so iinspiring and reassuring. She gives info on what helps too. The great thing is then her mother wrote her own book too and that is brilliant. It is To Walk on Eggshells by Jean Johnston My family found it so reassuring and helpful.The books are on amazon and places but you can read about them on The Cairn -

web page

(they're much cheaper on this site by the way and included the postage)

Thought this might help some of you - do hope so

#33661 - 09/12/05 01:43 AM Re: Real good story on living with mental illness
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Tillie, this topic has been around at BWS many times, but I've never heard mention of these books. Thanks for sharing.

A site that some women have enjoyed is www.bipolarhappens.com.

Thanks God for the internet. There are tremendous resources available that can be found simply by using Google.

I'm heading to other forums now. I hope to see some posts by you as I browse around. Welcome.

#33662 - 01/12/06 03:30 AM Re: Real good story on living with mental illness
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Worth a second glance and probably a first glance by some....

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved