The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 177 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#33790 - 12/03/05 07:54 PM Re: Sleep Disorders
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Chick, what great news!!!! My youngest son just took a job as front end magager at a grocery store. He has an all female crew working under him and he's making me laugh, telling me stories. Luckily, he was raised in an all female household so he understands women...or thinks he does.

The surgery story gave me the creeps. How absolutely awful. I had a small tumor on the side of my face and the doctor thought it would be a very minor surgery...15 minutes at the most but when he got in, he found the tumor had sent feelers out that had wrapped around the nerves. They hadn't planned for such a long surgery and I actually woke up in the middle of the operation, screaming from pain. What a nightmare.

#33791 - 12/04/05 08:05 AM Re: Sleep Disorders
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Chick,
Congrats on the new job!
I'm looking for one myself. It's hard at this time of year. LOL I feel like we are living almost parallel lives, only I'm about 2 steps behind you!!! [Big Grin]

Dianne,
That is awful about the surgery, did it leave scars?

#33792 - 12/04/05 08:52 AM Re: Sleep Disorders
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Congrats on the new job Chick...I think starting a new job in a brand new place is ideal...that way no one feels like the "New Kid"...it makes for instant commaraderie among the employees..I hope you love it and also that it helps you sleep much better as well...

#33793 - 12/03/05 11:01 PM Re: Sleep Disorders
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
So many changes Chick...have I told you lately, how proud I am of you?
Good luck with you new job.

#33794 - 12/04/05 01:08 AM Re: Sleep Disorders
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
TVC, luckily I had a great surgeon and you can't see the scar unless you're really looking for it.

#33795 - 12/04/05 05:54 AM Re: Sleep Disorders
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Oh that is great Dianne.
You were lucky to have such a good doctor!

#33796 - 12/04/05 06:59 PM Re: Sleep Disorders
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Wow, I kinda snuck the job in there, but I appreciate all the congrats. I just have to do more than stay home. I am going to beat this menopausal crap, if I am the first to do so. [Roll Eyes]

Yepthatsme, I appreciate your kind words. You are an inspiration.

Yesterday, I purposely left at 8 AM and got back around 5PM. I was beat to a frazzle, but I only took HALF the script and slept like a dormouse [Smile] To bed at 10'ish and up at six - normal for me. Yoo hoo, life is good!

Ladybug, thank you for your kindness and encouraging words, also. I have to get back to MY normal, it's what works for me.

Dianne, I bet your son has lots of stories to tell. The waking up in surgery? I'd just faint and they could carry on...not a good feeling, I'll bet.

TVC, you said, "I feel like we are living almost parallel lives, only I'm about 2 steps behind you!!!" Well girlfriend, I make up for it by being 2 steps behind you in some areas, so we are equal and balanced. I like being on the same level as you [Smile] What type of work are you looking for, TVC?

Avalon, Thank you. Do you think I will be considered a new kid or an old new kid? [Wink] I think a brand new business has many advantages. I love working with the public so I can't wait to do customer service. It is my all time favourite thing to do. Most people are usually nice but the meaner they are, the better I'll make them feel. I have that knack. Make em smile, I say.

chick

[ December 04, 2005, 11:10 AM: Message edited by: chickadee ]

#33797 - 12/04/05 07:21 PM Re: Sleep Disorders
ladybug Offline

Ladies, can't you just feel how Chickadee is beaming and bubbling over with good feelings about life??

I love what I'm reading here dear Chickadee, now it's off to decorate that Christmas, Holiday tree today. Woke up to several inches of snow and 26 degree weather, no morning walk today.

#33798 - 12/05/05 07:23 PM Re: Sleep Disorders
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Chick...definitely a NEW new kid... [Smile] and go get those "meanies" kill em with kindness is the way to go...hope all goes well....

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved