The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 198 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 9 of 12 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 >
Topic Options
#34003 - 01/27/06 07:34 PM Re: 12 Step for anyone
kidogo Offline

Loc: New York
Thank you, chickadee. You made my whole day!

#34004 - 01/27/06 07:37 PM Re: 12 Step for anyone
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Well done Kidogo.

smile

#34005 - 01/28/06 08:46 AM Re: 12 Step for anyone
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
I think my husband has read this before...he is forever giving me chocolate. [Big Grin]

#34006 - 01/28/06 08:48 AM Re: 12 Step for anyone
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
Kidogo, I enjoyed this read...thanks.

#34007 - 01/27/06 09:39 PM Re: 12 Step for anyone
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Kidogo, what a great read. Thanks. I love chocolate and firmly believe that it should be a required treatment with a doctor's prescription for all women.

I'll never give up chocolate. That would be cruel and inhumane.

#34008 - 01/27/06 11:30 PM Re: 12 Step for anyone
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
quote:
Originally posted by smilinize:
Eagle,
Perhaps you are suffering from Seasonal Affective Disorder. I think it starts about now and maybe earlier up north. I've not been depressed, but I definitely have less energy the last few weeks.
I'm saying a prayer for light to come into your life and your heart. smile

Smile, I'm pretty sure that's what this is...I used to get seriously affected by SAD, but haven't noticed it over the past 4-5 years (probably because I was clinically depressed and chronically fatigued for so long, so the SAD made no difference!)

But after being depression-free for the past year or so, I'm really noticing the SAD more this month, despite taking walks outside most days. I'm not too concerned...knowing what it is is half the battle. And this is the first time in my life that I've had SAD but haven't had to worry about going to work, so it's much easier to cope with when I can move at my own pace. And eat chocolate whenever I want to.

#34009 - 01/28/06 01:52 AM Re: 12 Step for anyone
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
quote:
Originally posted by Eagle Heart:
And this is the first time in my life that I've had SAD but haven't had to worry about going to work, so it's much easier to cope with when I can move at my own pace. And eat chocolate whenever I want to.

Move at your own pace!! My life has changed so much for the better now that I move at my own pace. No more stress with other people's schedules or needs.

And, of course one of the most important food groups - CHOCOLATE.

#34010 - 01/28/06 03:39 AM Re: 12 Step for anyone
ladybug Offline

Vicki, you have also hit on an important aspect of dealing with depression: those hectic schedules that many people adhere to. If you are not getting enough rest and have a stressful event happen in your life it can affect you much more so than if your life is a bit less hectic. It's called burning the candle at both ends.

A night out for chocolate or a fudge sundae sounds perfect! [Big Grin] [Razz] [Wink]

#34011 - 01/28/06 08:23 AM Re: 12 Step for anyone
kidogo Offline

Loc: New York
Would somebody pl-e-a-s-e pass the chocolate?

Sorry. Didn't mean to scare you like that. I think I must have stepped into the twilight zone this morning. What a day this has been. I've had nothing but problems with men all day long. I swear my husband and his best friend are the two most insecure men I have ever met in my life! And I had to deal with both of them at the same time. They got me so upset I had to go see a girlfriend and vent for a whole hour. Ooooooh! Sometimes I wonder why I put up with either one of them.

But my girlfriend down the street still loves me. My landlady thinks I'm her best tenant. The dog down the street is wondering why I didn't stop to pet her and tell her how beautiful she is. The girls on the corner were totally confused as to why on earth I was walking without my shopping cart and with no clear destination in mind.."what do you mean you're just out for a walk?" I'm so predictable. Everyone relies on me for so much and all it took was one of 'those days' to upset an innocent dog and 2 little girls.
Whew! Now that I've let off a little steam....and my husband went to bed feeling like he needs to be Real Nice to me now....I think I can actually get some work done.
Thanks for listening. I'm glad you are here...it helps me more than you know.
Oh! Glad you liked the Chocolate.

#34012 - 01/28/06 12:36 PM Re: 12 Step for anyone
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Yummmmmmmmmm!!!!

Page 9 of 12 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved