The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 153 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 8 of 12 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >
Topic Options
#33993 - 01/25/06 11:16 PM Re: 12 Step for anyone
XBWS Offline

Loc: Guilford, CT
STEPPING STONES

Come take my hand, the road is long.
We must travel by "stepping stones".
No, you're not alone; I'll go with you.
I know the road well; I've been there.

Don't fear the darkness. I'll be with you.
We must take one "step" at a time.
Remember we may have to stop awhile.
It is a long way to the other side and there
are many obstacles.

We have many "stones" to cross.
Some are bigger than others; shock,
denial, and anger to start.
Then comes guilt, despair and loneliness.
It's a hard road to travel but it must be done.
It's the only way to reach the other side.

Come; slip your hand in mine.
What? Oh yes, it's strong. I've held so
many hands like yours.
Yes, mine was one time small and weak
like yours.
Once, you see, I had to take someone's
hand in order to take the first
step.

Ooops! You've stumbled! Go ahead and cry.
Don't be ashamed. I understand.
Let's wait here a while and get our breath.
There's no need to hurry.
Say, it's nice to hear you laugh.
Yes, I agree, the memories you shared are good.

Look! We are halfway there now! I can
see the other side.
It looks so warm and sunny.
Oh! Have you noticed?
We're nearing the last "stone" and
you're standing alone.
Look! Your hands! You've let go of mine.
We've reached the other side.

But wait! Look back!
Someone is standing there!
They are alone and want to cross the
"stepping stones".
I better go they need my help.
What? Are you sure?
Why yes, I'll wait.

You know the way; you've been there.
Yes, I agree, it's your turn
to help someone else across the
"stepping stones".
May God Bless you and keep you
in His care always.

Author Known only by God

#33994 - 01/25/06 11:32 PM Re: 12 Step for anyone
ladybug Offline

At least once in our lives, many of us will experience depression, whether it be severe or so slight that we may not even realize we have it.

With that in mind, it's time we all pay attention and help banish the stigma put on people who suffer from it.

#33995 - 01/26/06 12:00 AM Re: 12 Step for anyone
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
quote:
Originally posted by kidogo:
Dear Lord,
So far today, I am doing all right.
I have not gossiped, lost my temper, been greedy, grumpy, nasty, selfish, or self-indulgent. I have not whined, complained, cursed, or eaten any chocolate. I have not charged on my credit card.
But I will be getting out of bed in a minute, and I think I will really need your help then.

I've been following this thread all along, but haven't had much energy lately, so haven't been up to joining in much. But I loved this prayer and just had to thank you for sharing it! That is so me these days! It seems that I wake up with the best of intentions to live a good day, but within moments of rolling out of that bed, I stumble right over hubby's words and fall right back into old habits. Some mornings I even take myself back to bed, pray for awhile, then try to start the day over again. Sometimes that works.

As some of you know, I also suffer from chronic depression. I'd been doing very well until the past few weeks. I don't think it's full-blown depression, but I've been so lonely for some strange reason, even when hubby's around. I've been trying to keep it at bay by keeping busy, but sometimes it just overwhelms me (like today).

This thread's been helping a lot, and I thank you all for your sharing your journey here. Even though I haven't been participating much, I've been reading and soaking in the wisdom, and allowing it to ease away some of the aloneness that I can't seem to shake off.

#33996 - 01/26/06 01:11 AM Re: 12 Step for anyone
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
Sue, I just love your poem. It made me realize how far I've come in the last few years.

Eagle, I've been feeling kind of down for the last couple of weeks. Not a full blown depression, as you said, but troubling. I wish things like this didn't happen, but they do. I think all the stress from my husband's illness last year has finally caught up with me, now that I have time to think about it. I also have been very impatient when people make a big deal about what I consider nothing. That's not always fair, because these things are important to them. I'm working on being more patient as we speak.

Hope you feel better soon.

#33997 - 01/26/06 01:30 AM Re: 12 Step for anyone
ladybug Offline

Don't forget that our changing hormone levels which rise and fall also can worsen depression and even bring it on even if it wasn't there to begin with.

Together we can help each other and be one another's light. I learned this from our very dear Vi.

Remember there is no i in the word team. Go team!

#33998 - 01/26/06 01:35 AM Re: 12 Step for anyone
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Nice poem sizieq....I especially like that prayer by Kidigo...boy have I ever been there at times. Haven't we all?

#33999 - 01/27/06 03:46 AM Re: 12 Step for anyone
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I think these are wonderful and needed. Thanks.

#34000 - 01/27/06 03:53 AM Re: 12 Step for anyone
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Eagle,
Perhaps you are suffering from Seasonal Affective Disorder. I think it starts about now and maybe earlier up north. I've not been depressed, but I definitely have less energy the last few weeks.

I'm saying a prayer for light to come into your life and your heart.

smiel

#34001 - 01/27/06 12:02 PM Re: 12 Step for anyone
kidogo Offline

Loc: New York
Hello Everyone! I've been kinda busy the last couple of days, so I missed a lot of what was going on here. One of the things I was busy doing was looking for something I wrote about chocolate. I found it and before I chicken out I thought I'd post it.

CHOCOLATE UTOPIA

Women all know that they need chocolate. It's like a vitamin or a drug. It makes all women feel better about anything and everything. It's a cure-all for whatever makes us feel bad. It's a miracle. It's available. It's cheap. It comes in many different styles and flavors. It comes in single servings for a quick-fix or in bags to keep on hand for whatever life throws at us. We know the risk of addiction and the potential weight gain. But we also know we will need it sometimes and when a woman needs chocolate.....well you better hope she gets it and the sooner the better! Men don't automatically know this. We would all be much happier if they did. World-wide peace could be accomplished practically overnight with this information. Seriously. Think about it. Women love men. Women need chocolate. Men love women. Women are emotional. Men stress out when women get emotional. Wars get started by stressed-out men. Men need to keep chocolate in steady supply to give to the women. Chocolate calms women and makes them happy. Happy women are more loving and affectionate, which makes men want to make love not war. And so that's my theory of how chocolate saves lives.

It took all my courage to post this. I sure hope I didn't offend anyone.

#34002 - 01/27/06 03:58 PM Re: 12 Step for anyone
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Long live Chocoholics! [Wink]
kidogo,I am not offended that's for sure. What a fantastic read! I loved it. I am sooo glad you posted it.

chick

Page 8 of 12 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved