The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 94 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#34192 - 06/10/06 09:26 PM Re: lost in my tears
swimette Offline

Loc: arizona
Honey was committed originally under a danger to others.We had to be careful about how he is ordered to stay inpatient because of the FBI's involvment. This is why the court deemed him seriously mentally ill instead of a danger. He had intentions of destroying a chemical plant.
I'm about to go see him now & bring him some goodies from home. Then it's off to work. I'm trying to take this one day at a time. But I must say, I can't help but worry about what the future has in store.
Thank you all for your continued support & prayers.

#34193 - 06/11/06 09:27 AM Re: lost in my tears
santababy Offline

Loc: Lorain, Ohio
You are being way too hard on yourself. He is ill and he won't be rational to you at all times. Trust in the Lord for the strength you need. Take baby steps, you have not gone down this road before. Don't expect that he will not forgive you, he is too sick to comprehend his actions. Love him, do what is best for both of you and trust yourself. When he is better, you can explain if you feel the need to.No one said life was fair. Pray that he will get better, then trust in the father to help you along this path and remember you are never alone.I will pray for you both. I had a husband who had some problems and I tried to "fix" everything for him. He came through it alot better than I did. I also was way too hard on myself, blaming myself. No one ever told me that I was not resposible for everything that happened.

#34194 - 06/15/06 11:30 PM Re: lost in my tears
mmellow Offline

Loc: northern Wisconsin
Swimette;

I agree. You are too hard on yourself. You cannot blame yourself or feel bad because things you say might be hurting your husband's feelings. You are practicing tough love and he will recognize that when he is healthier. Don't take personally what he says or does now because he's not himself. I'm bipolar and I look back at things I said and did when I was without medication, and I can't believe it. I see now that I was totally irrational and no one could reason with me. I thought everyone was out to get me and I took everything the wrong way; so your husband's feeling are likely to be hurt no matter WHAT you do or say.

I simple was UNABLE to think logically and your husband isn't able to either. He NEEDS you to stick to your guns and insist that he get the help he needs. You're doing the right thing by making sure he gets treatment -- and also in letting him know that you love him. That's the thing he'll remember when he's better -- that you stuck by him and continued to love him no matter what.

I'll be praying for you both and I wish you the best.

Marsha
www.hugsandhope.org/pb.htm

#34195 - 06/16/06 11:21 AM Re: lost in my tears
swimette Offline

Loc: arizona
I’ve never had (or thought I had) to question Honey’s honesty. I mean when he would talk about things which were unconceivable but he never, for lack of a better word, lied. Now he is telling me one thing & his social worker & doctors something else & then another variation to family. He just doesn’t tell me or want to discuss his day. Nothing about his meds, counseling, nothing. I know that sometimes the meds will make you forgetful but this just seems different.
How long did it take for you/spouse/child to understand or admit you were bipolar? He has been inpatient for 3 weeks now & he hasn’t changed. I am so worried that he will have to hit bottom hard before he will accept his illness.
I just miss him soooooooo much! I cry every time I let my guard down. If I stay busy enough, I don’t have time to feel. I don’t dare go to bed until I am stumbling tired. I just want to be able to lie down & go right to sleep. I miss his being there. I don’t think he has any idea how bad my heart breaks every time I come home to this empty house. I feel for him & he having to be in a hospital but I wonder if he thinks of how I am doing. Does that sound selfish? I don’t want to sound like “woe’s me.”

#34196 - 06/16/06 06:01 PM Re: lost in my tears
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
swimette, are you seeking professional help? This is such a traumatic time for you. I pray soemone helps you understand that what you are going through is normal. Of course you are not selfish. My gracious.

Have you been to www.bipolarhappens.com? YOu may want to visit that site.

#34197 - 06/17/06 07:51 AM Re: lost in my tears
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Honey, I don't think he's able to think clearly enough at this stage to think about how this is affecting you.

I just want you to know how terribly sorry I am that both of you are going through this and my heart breaks on your behalf. You have a lot of women here praying for you so try to stay strong. He's getting the help he needs.

God's speed.

[ June 16, 2006, 12:51 PM: Message edited by: Dianne ]

#34198 - 06/20/06 05:00 PM Re: lost in my tears
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Dear Swimette: I am sorry for your pain and all you're going through. I will add you both to my prayer list. Please know that this is somthing you need to take one moment at a time.

[Smile] Remember that God is always near, ever reaching to see us through.

I understand this is a very difficult and delicate situation. But do not be afraid to stay the course. It will prove beneficial for all.

Do take care of yourself, as you need your health and strength to deal with this. Your feelings are normal. Trust that when this is over, you will have no regrets for making the right decisions.

[Smile] May God shine his grace on you and your Honey today and each day!

#34199 - 06/22/06 03:09 AM Re: lost in my tears
mammajude Offline

Loc: San Diego, Ca
Wow, I haven't been on here for a while. I've been so busy with everything lately. I'M TIRED!!! Swimette I know exactly what your going through. Hang in there!!! We didn't know my husband was Bipolar until after his second hospital stay. Then he went off his meds and had a third hospital stay. Now he knows he has to be committed to staying on his meds and seeing his Pyschiatrist and Psychologist on a regular basis. I had to call and have him committed two of those three times and it was a NIGHTMARE to say the least. We have been down that long hard road but we are finally getting back on track. THANK YOU JESUS!!!! I am very fortunate that my husband is very easy going and loving. He has never wanted to leave me. I had to educate the both of us on what Bipolar Disorder is. I now teach the NAMI Family-to Family class and have a support group that meets twice a month. It sure helps. Learn all you can!!!! I'll be praying for you...

#34200 - 07/08/06 12:25 PM Re: lost in my tears [Re: mammajude]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
mamma, I am so glad to hear the meds are working well and both of you are doing better. I bet you're a dynamite teacher and tremendous support for the families since you've been there, done that.

swimette, how's your hubby doing these days?

#34201 - 08/17/06 04:52 AM Re: lost in my tears
Doctor Karen Offline

Loc: San Francisco
Swimette, As a professional who has signed the initial involuntary commitment papers dozens and dozens of times and followed the outcomes, my only recommendation for you at this time is to seek your own professional counseling or take the advice of other forum members and attend NAMI meetings or use the online resources. When I make the decision about an initial commitment, I am bound by the laws of my state as are the professionals who extend such involuntary holds after the patient reaches the hospital. I can assure you that persons who need to be committed are either so ill or so self-focused that they are UNABLE to consider the feelings or the consequences of their loved ones. The longer a hold is extended, the more serious the illness. Taking care of your own emotional needs at this time is primary. If your husband can simply be compliant with treatment recommendations, that will be a victory for him. My best to you.
DEGREES OF OBSESSION
www.degreesofobsession.com

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved