The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 175 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#35221 - 11/22/03 04:53 AM What's your favorite "old" movie?
Evie Offline

Loc: Nipigon, Ontario Canada
the post about jawjaw's article on Gone with the Wind, and meredithbead not liking that movie, got me to wondering - what is everyone's favorite "old" movie???? or enough just all time favorite movie?

We know jawjaw loves Gone with the Wind.

My favorite is Doctor Zhivago. And my next all time favorite is The Princess Bride.

Anyone else?

#35222 - 11/22/03 06:18 AM Re: What's your favorite "old" movie?
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
The Sound of Music for me.
Need to watch Gone With the Wind again. I was too
young to understand it at all when I saw it so was bored I'm afraid. I think I would like it now though.
Maggie

#35223 - 11/22/03 09:18 AM Re: What's your favorite "old" movie?
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I too loved Dr. Zhivago. I thought it was so monumental! Just a few weeks ago was the PBS remake of it, also really good.

Probably my FAVORITE favorite is Wizard of Oz. I've seen it practically every year since I was a kid and just never get tired of it. Plus, Judy Garland sings in my key.

My favorite movie from my college days is Orpheo y Euridice, the Brazilian version. Seen it 3 times, which was not that easy to do because it's on tv once every 10 or 15 years...

My current movie-watching is very heavily sci-fi.

#35224 - 11/22/03 05:59 PM Re: What's your favorite "old" movie?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Oh Maggie, I wanted to be the first to say The Sound of Music...that's my favorite too! [Big Grin]

I also liked the Wizard of Oz.

Sorry Queen, but I've never watched Gone With The Wind from beginning to end. Do you believe that? Am I still considered an American?

What strikes me funny about this post is I don't recall that many movies, especially at the movie theater.

The ones I recall clearly from my youth are Noah's Ark, The Ten Commandments, and Love Story Love Story. Seems that in high school there were a few moreto add to the list, but the way they crank out movies today amazes me.

#35225 - 12/02/03 09:33 AM Re: What's your favorite "old" movie?
DreamrKate Offline

Loc: California
Well. One of my favorite tv shows was Andy Griffith, and Donna Reed, Father Knows Best and Leave it to Beaver. One of my most favorite movies is Holiday Inn (?) with Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye. I loved Red Skelton and Carol Burnett, Ed Sullivan, the Sonny and Cher show and The Smothers Brothers. I knew I'd be the Hippy Dippy Weather Lady when I grew up and the old Saturday Night Lives were great but that was 10 or 15 years ago.

Seeing a recipe for 'me' in there? Am I a product of my television watching or what?

Kate

#35226 - 08/31/04 12:19 PM Re: What's your favorite "old" movie?
stephy Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, California
Well, my favorite old movie is the "godfather". Part one, I've only seen an hour of part two and none of the rest.

#35227 - 08/31/04 03:21 PM Re: What's your favorite "old" movie?
Toni Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
My all time favorites are "Gone With the Wind," "Camelot,' "Shadow of a Doubt" and "The Picture of Dorian Gray."

#35228 - 09/01/04 02:44 AM Re: What's your favorite "old" movie?
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Loved Gone With the Wind, Splendor in the Grass, Imitation of Life, A Summer Place, all the old ones. I've gone so retro now, my friends give me little notebooks and picture frames in pink and black. [Smile]

Louisa

#35229 - 09/01/04 03:12 AM Re: What's your favorite "old" movie?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I just saw all of Gone With The Wind last week on TV. It's the first time I've seen it from beginning to (long long movie) end. I have 2 old favorites, #1 Cleopatra with Liz Taylor. #2 The African Queen with Bogart and Hepburn. Of the newer oldies, I went nuts over Mrs. Doubtfire with Robin Williams. What a funny and wonderful entire family film Mrs. Doubtfire is. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

#35230 - 09/01/04 03:30 AM Re: What's your favorite "old" movie?
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
After Cleopatra came out, my best GF Sue and I practiced practiced practiced until we got the eyeliner down exactly right! For several years thereafter it was Sue and Merry , those two weird girls with the matching Cleopatra eyes. Plus the jewelry was pretty cool too.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved