The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 125 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 10 of 13 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 >
Topic Options
#35557 - 05/12/08 09:20 PM Re: Read any good books lately? [Re: jawjaw]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Eagle, as you know, I've read those same three books you mentioned. I recommend all of them.

JJ, this book of Sue's is non-fiction. It has been life-changing for many midlife women. I read it a few years ago with my prayer group, then read it again in a class I took at The Well last month. Liked it just as much the second time around.

#35558 - 05/13/08 12:45 AM Re: Read any good books lately?
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Wow, I will never need to wonder what to read again. I am reading a memoir (what else is new?) "Driving with Dead People" by Monica Holloway. There is plenty of fiction I like. "A Thousand Acres" by Jane Smiley. "Black and Blue" by Anna Quinlan. I need to read some of your suggestions! Thanks girls!

#35559 - 05/13/08 01:39 AM Re: Read any good books lately? [Re: Princess Lenora]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Reading Lake Wobegon by Garrison Keillor.

#35560 - 05/15/08 01:37 PM Re: Read any good books lately? [Re: jawjaw]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
JJ,
Stephy mentioned "intellectual" way back at the beginning of this thread: That's why the reference. Since, the only smart thing I ever did in my life, was to marry my 2nd husband, I wasn't sure I should respond in discussion on books. I should've said, "I enjoy reading Nora Roberts' work."

#35561 - 05/15/08 03:11 PM Re: Read any good books lately? [Re: jabber]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Oh I know...but it doesn't have to be. I love Nora Roberts, too...If you want a cute and fun book to read, try Savannah Breeze. It is a fun book and so funny.

Also, I cannot recommend "My Favorite Midlife Crisis, Yet" by Toby Devens, enough. I loved this book! She has another one coming out soon and I can't wait. I could relate to the main character so much, maybe that is why I loved it so much? Nah...she's a good writer...

#35562 - 05/15/08 09:00 PM Re: Read any good books lately? [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I have no time to read and really miss it too. I am hoping that when the book TORY'S SECRETS arrives in the book stores, you will all read it. I think it would be a marvelous read for the BWS book club. In all my many years of reading and writing this is the best book, bar none, I have ever seen or been a part of.

Edited by chatty lady (05/15/08 09:01 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#35563 - 05/27/08 02:38 PM Re: Read any good books lately? [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Loved My Favorite Midlife Crisis Yet. I recommended it for the BWS book club. Maybe next time. Many of us could relate to many of the story lines in that book.

#35564 - 05/27/08 10:15 PM Re: Read any good books lately?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
It is one of my favorites as well, Dots. I too recommended it...it is a fun book to read.

#35565 - 05/28/08 01:54 PM Re: Read any good books lately? [Re: jawjaw]
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
I just finished reading "The Informant." They were filming the movie with Matt Damon here and I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. They were filming a street scene a block from my house, went down to watch and it was a hoot! No Matt Damon tho.
www.christianstoryteller.com

#35566 - 05/28/08 06:30 PM Re: Read any good books lately? [Re: Sherri]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
What a great thread!!!! Love my books!!!! Love to read!! I haven´t read thru the entire thread..so I am not sure that these authors were mentioned..but I love them anyway..Elisabeth George; Stephen Booth: Harlan Coben; and Jeffrey Deaver..all detective story or mystery writers. Then there´s Martha Cole and her absolutely GREAT stories of an Irish family with a STRONG woman at it´s head. Cole has written quite a few thick books about this family..and I am jealous of anyone that hasn´t read her yet..you have the great joy of reading them in your future!!!

Page 10 of 13 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved