The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 150 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 11 of 13 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 >
Topic Options
#35567 - 06/02/08 10:55 AM Re: Read any good books lately? [Re: humlan]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I just finished a good book that was written by my neighbor. It's called Bringing Home Vincent. It's about a woman whose son was burned in Viet Nam and how she, her family, and son live through the trial. It includes lots of nostalgia about the changing times of the 60s. It was a great, quick read. The author is actually coming to our book club meeting when we discuss it. I can't wait.

#35568 - 06/02/08 08:41 PM Re: Read any good books lately? [Re: humlan]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Does anyone read Jodi Picoult?

Her book, THE TENTH CIRCLE has been made into a movie and is going to be on Lifetime, Saturday, June 28th at 9 pm
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#35569 - 06/03/08 02:10 PM Re: Read any good books lately? [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I haven't read any of her books, but only because I just haven't gotten around to it.

#35570 - 06/04/08 09:26 AM Re: Read any good books lately?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Vicki, I've read two of her books (Jodi Picoult) and loved them. She is an amazing writer, if you ask me.

#35571 - 06/04/08 10:43 AM Re: Read any good books lately? [Re: jawjaw]
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Loc: Sanford, Florida
I've read all of Jodi Picoult's books. I'll be looking for her next one! Two of my friends are big Picoult fans too and we share. I enjoyed some more than others but they are all guaranteed to make you think.

Speaking of books, I'm really bummed. We've been buying and selling books back to a great used book store in our area, and it just closed up with no warning. I discovered this when I had a box full of books to trade in, in the trunk of my car! Am now researching other similar stores in the area, but this place was the best -- it was always like going to see an old friend.

Right now I'm reading Bungalow 2 by Danielle Steel. Over the years I've read all her books.........I like them when I don't want to read anything really heavy. I'm recovering from knee surgery right now and didn't want to get into anything I'd really have to concentrate on.

#35572 - 06/04/08 12:49 PM Re: Read any good books lately? [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Oh girl! I didn't know you had surgery. Bless your heart! I hope you are doing well? God's speed on your recovery. I'll mention another writer, Deirdre Purcell, an Irish writer. The one I read was Tell Me Your Secrets. I really enjoyed it.

#35573 - 06/06/08 06:25 PM Re: Read any good books lately? [Re: jawjaw]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Anyone read Jane Porter? Flirting with Forty, Odd Mom Out?
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#35574 - 06/06/08 09:33 PM Re: Read any good books lately? [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Never heard of them...can you recommend them?

#35575 - 06/07/08 02:29 PM Re: Read any good books lately? [Re: jawjaw]
Dee Offline

For Mother's day my son, Ray, bought me an ipod and sent me two memory sticks that held all 7 Harry Potter audio book. Ray and I are huge Harry Potter fans. Now when I'm quilting or gardening or doing housework, I just pop in my headphones and listen to the books. I enjoy that so much. Has anyone else found themselves listening to book instead of reading them? I find I get sleep when I read and this is a way of keep my attention longer. What will they think of next?

#35576 - 07/03/08 07:05 AM Re: Read any good books lately? [Re: chickadee]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Finished Snow Flower and The Secret Fan today, while waiting to have my care inspected. It is by the author Anno recommended, Lisa See, and this title was the only one of her books that our library has. I found myself written into the storyline in several places. One of the only fiction books I've ever made notes in... I might try another of her books, sometime.

Page 11 of 13 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved