The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 153 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 13 of 13 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13
Topic Options
#35587 - 07/25/08 11:43 AM Re: Read any good books lately? [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I am on a book respite for a few weeks. I just placed an order on Amazon, tho, intending to purchase only one or two books, and ending up spending enough to purchase groceries for at least a week.

On my list, Like Water for Elephants, the latest Kingsolver book having to do with food (can't remember the name), and my 2nd copy of Three Cups of Tea.

CSQ, I love your new avitar. It took me a few minutes to figure out who you were!

PL, thanks for bringing this back up. How are you?

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#35588 - 07/25/08 12:19 PM Re: Read any good books lately? [Re: Anno]
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Loc: Sanford, Florida
Hey Anno -- thanks for he compliment on the avatar. Been wanting to post one for a while, but I don't have any pics of me that I like (who does?!?) Put that one together on photobucket and I've gotta tell ya........it looks so much like the real me, it's scary!!

#35589 - 07/25/08 10:26 PM Re: Read any good books lately? [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi Anno, I am fine, really. I just got lost in a self-imposed withdrawal from my social companions, virtual and otherwise. I don't know why I do that. Maybe I get sick of the sound of my own voice, be it actual verbal or keyboard. But I resurrected myself to rejoin my friends. That's the thing, I can pick up where I left off, and no one here chastises me. Problem is, though, I lose track of THEIR (your) lives and fail to contribute. But I'm back on track. Based on the recommendations here, I borrowed "My Sister's Keeper." A friend sent me "The Last Lecture." I heard that the author died yesterday, 7/24/08. Anno, that's a long web site blog link you have. I'll check it out soon. L, PL

#35590 - 07/27/08 12:14 AM Re: Read any good books lately? [Re: Princess Lenora]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Hello Princess ,

I have missed you . Oh, I read Randy Paugh book "The Last Lecture" and I read that he died yesterday , made me said he was only here for a short time . His life and legecy is in that book . I am reading now among many others is - Jane Austen's book "Mansfield Park" . Very good reading I do say . Princess do you think that the Poetry book by Elizabeth Barrett Brown is around somewhere ? I would love to purchase it . I ran across Emily Dicksen , but didn't care for her poems at all.

Best,
Renee

#35591 - 07/27/08 05:11 PM Re: Read any good books lately? [Re: Sadie]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hello Renee, how nice to see you here. You're into some heavy reading. I will start the Last Lecture today because there will be a profile on him this week on Prime Time or one of those shows. Sure, you can find the poetry of Brown. One of my favorite poets who is still in book stores is Sharon Oldes.

#35592 - 07/28/08 12:38 AM Re: Read any good books lately? [Re: Princess Lenora]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Hello Princess ,

I hope I can find Elizabeth Barrett Browning and her poems on B&N or Borders book store on their web site . I will check out Sharon Oldes poems too. Thanks for the info. I want to see that tribute to Randy Paush son Prime time this week and I think it is on Tuesday night , but not sure . Let me know . Thanks .

Later,
Renee

Page 13 of 13 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved