The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 139 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13 >
Topic Options
#35507 - 11/28/04 02:00 AM Re: Read any good books lately?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I support new writers by buying and reading them. I read Christine Colliers The Writers Club, it was great and now she has 2 or 3 more all can be found on Amazon, check by her name. Its a Mystery series and really good...Right now I am almost done with another really great book called The Mystery of Davids Bridge, sound familiar? It should it's written by our very own Pamela June Kimmell. This lady can write!!! Read these two Authors when time allows, you'll be glad you did. I write reviews for one of the toughest no nonsense schools of writing out there and I know good when I see it. Plus I [Big Grin] have always been an avid reader my entire life....

#35508 - 11/28/04 03:51 AM Re: Read any good books lately?
Misfire Offline

Loc: Maryland
Dotsie,

I did finish reading Eats Shoots, and Leaves. It was worth reading but I'm glad that I didn't buy it.

BTW, I "traveled" to the Towson Curves on Friday because the Cockeysville one was closed. I saw the Towson Times article up on the bulletin board. So, you're a Curves lady too. [Razz]

Misfire

#35509 - 11/28/04 04:17 PM Re: Read any good books lately?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Misfire, you were at the Towson Curves? We must plan a meeting. I'm there 3-4 times a week. It's a life-line! [Big Grin] I see newhope there some mornings. [Big Grin]

The gal who owns that one is a dear. Her business is doing so well because she hires all the right women. How did it compare to the Cockeysville Curves?

This is exciting...

#35510 - 11/28/04 06:02 PM Re: Read any good books lately?
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
Thanks for the comment on "Mystery of David's Bridge" Chatty. Can't tell you how happy I am that you are enjoying the book. Coming from someone who's an avid reader and involved in the "reviewing" world, it means a lot to hear that you think I'm on the right track! [Wink] [Wink]

I finished "The China Conspiracy" last night. P.M. Terrell's second novel. Very interesting plotline.....

There are soooooooooooooo many good books out there. I find myself torn between writing my OWN novel and reading everyone else's!!

#35511 - 11/29/04 03:48 AM Re: Read any good books lately?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Pam my advice is to write, Write, WRite, WRIte, WRITe and then WRITE somemore....You are so talented!! [Razz] [Wink] [Big Grin]

#35512 - 11/29/04 02:16 PM Re: Read any good books lately?
Pam Kimmell Offline

Aw shucks! All this encouragement just might get me over my current bout of Writers Block! Thanks again Chatty....YOU DA BOMB. It's nice to have fans like you. [Wink] [Wink] [Cool]

#35513 - 11/29/04 05:23 PM Re: Read any good books lately?
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Isn't it amazing what a little encouragement can do. And Chatty is the champion of it. Furthermore, she's RIGHT!
smile

#35514 - 11/30/04 12:14 AM Re: Read any good books lately?
Pam Kimmell Offline

Thank you Smile! I feel the creative juices flowing already with this encouragement from you ladies. [Razz]

#35515 - 11/30/04 06:55 AM Re: Read any good books lately?
angelsmuse Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Pam,
Where can I get my hands on your book? I belong to a local book club and have to give my selection for next year, sometime next week. I like to chose books by writers that I know and would like to use yours if you don't mind.

Also I have read all four of Christine Collier's books and enjoyed all of them immensely. I would highly recommend them if anyone is looking for a fast easy read with some mystery and romance thrown in. They are the best for curling up under a quilt by a fire place with your choice of hot beverage and reading.

Chris(angel) [Big Grin]

#35516 - 11/30/04 02:05 PM Re: Read any good books lately?
Pam Kimmell Offline

Hi Chris! My book is available online at all bookstore websites like Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Borders, BooksAMillion, etc. OR, if you prefer, you can go to your nearest bookseller and give them the ISBN # and ask them to order it for you. ISBN is 1591330629

I'm writing a series with the same characters in each book so this first book sets the stage for the sequel which I'm writing now.

I'd be honored if your book club chose to read my book! Thanks for thinking of it as a possibility.

[Wink]

Page 5 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved