The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 172 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 7 of 13 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13 >
Topic Options
#35527 - 02/07/05 06:55 PM Re: Read any good books lately?
Cagedbird Offline

Loc: usa
Thanks, Nancy. I had a reading & signing near Macon this weekend. It was great! I am invited back for National Poetry Month, in April.

I read most of the poems you have in your collector's copy.:)Since it is, Black History Month, they loved the poem, "SO MUCH HATE" (last page in your book) If anyone would like a copy of this poem, e-mail me and I will send it to them.)
They put my picture & the poem in their newspaper and gave me a copy of it.

I did a question & anwer, and had a lot of small prizes that I used for my drawings.
I ALWAYS GIVE OUT A POEM, 2 everyone in attendance, with my e-mail and website addr. on them. (Trying 2 share pointers) The ladies are great about sharing over here, thanks, EVERYONE!
We had punch and finger foods.
The funny part, when I checked in the hotel, the staff gave me a copy of the newspaer I was in, and I sold 5 books b4 I even got to the poetry event! I was soooooo happy, I went to Bible services in that city b4 I headed back 2 Atlanta.
I will try 2 send Dotsie the flyer.
I have a big reading & signing this weekend at the "Goodwill Book Sale" the biggest Book Sale Event in Atlanta! I was HAPPY 2 be invited!
They usually book BIG names like, Pearl Cleage.
Also, I saw Pam, JJ & Prill's pictures over at BOOKEMS with mone. LOVELY BOOMER WOMEN, oh my!!!
Check US out, if you haven't already.
Nancy, YOU help ME to keep sharing over here;-)
You gotta order my children's poetry book, NOW b4 it sells out!!!!
Look 4ward to meeting you ladies, OUT!

#35528 - 02/07/05 11:14 PM Re: Read any good books lately?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Caged, you must work non-stop at promotion. Maybe your next book should be about book promotion. You have more book signings than anyone I know.

#35529 - 02/08/05 01:41 AM Re: Read any good books lately?
Cagedbird Offline

Loc: usa
Dotsie, you are absolutely right!
I make sure I invite other author's along with me. I met this one new author online and invited her to come with me. It was her 1st book signing.
She couldn't believe I asked her, without knowing her. We clicked just fine. She could be my daughter.
We traded books and she sold 4 books.
She couldn't believe that I sold so many books, but I have more than just one book:)
I can ONLY write about what I love, DONTAY, my grandbaby! Thanks again 4 this forum, Dotsie.
They invited her back in April.

#35530 - 02/12/05 01:14 AM Re: Read any good books lately?
Dannye Offline

Loc: Prophetstown, IL
quote:
Originally posted by stephy:
I've been trying to find a good book to read lately.... Any suggestions?"

I went on a book reading binge the last month. Among them was a second book by Darian North called Bone Deep. His first book was Criminal Seduction. They were both excellent mysteries. Complex plots, but I like complex.
Dannye

#35531 - 04/08/05 02:26 AM Re: Read any good books lately?
Dannye Offline

I have been reading a series of books by Diana Gabaldon. The first in the series is titled "Outlander". It crosses genres,[bless her courage!] I have great respect for her writing ability. I do not usually read romantic fiction, but this crosses the genres of historical fiction and science fiction as well.

It has been a long time since I have run across anyone who has the ability to develop all the characters as well as she does, especially when the stories take place over a long period of time, and the character changes due to aging and experience. Her attention to historical detail as she weaves the story is incredible because it is never boring. I say this as a reader who bores easily when a writer spends too much time filling in the background rather than making it come alive as part of the story the characters are living.

I am on the fourth in the series, and I am still interested in every page.

#35532 - 04/08/05 06:32 AM Re: Read any good books lately?
Katrinka Offline

Loc: Central Pennsylvania
quote:
Originally posted by lynn:
I will read anything by Elizabeth Berg. Not very intellectual but very down home. She writes as if she is speaking to you or better, with you.

Lynn

Lynn, I love her books. I usually favor thicker books, but her books are still wonderful. Hope you can remember the name of the book.

Marie

#35533 - 04/09/05 02:17 AM Re: Read any good books lately?
Dannye Offline

Marie,
I'm not familiar with Eliz. Berg, but if you like thick books, you would like GAbaldon. Her books are anywhere from 600 to 1000 pages!
Dannye

#35534 - 04/09/05 08:57 PM Re: Read any good books lately?
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Nora Roberts' "Three Sisters Trilogy"; A. Manette Ansay, "Vinegar Hill"; and Philip Yancey, "Where Is God When It Hurts?": Enjoyed these books! [Razz]

#35535 - 04/10/05 03:28 AM Re: Read any good books lately?
unique Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Three Sisters was great, wasn't it? Have you read any of Nora Roberts 'sci-fi' type 'in the future books'? I think she writes them under a different name...they're pretty good, too.

#35536 - 04/11/05 06:16 PM Re: Read any good books lately?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I read like a crazy woman. I usually have a few going at once. I like to read about spirituality, women's issues, teens, and writing. I also throw in a fun fiction book every now and then.

Anyone read Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons? I am going to sneak that one in amidst all the books I'm reading for future featured authors.

Page 7 of 13 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved