The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 129 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 9 of 13 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >
Topic Options
#35547 - 05/11/08 10:44 PM Re: Read any good books lately? [Re: Cookie]
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Loc: Sanford, Florida
Just finished Jodi Picoult's "Change of Heart" -- very thought provoking book. I've read all her books.

Now I'm starting Stephen King's "Cell". Haven't read any of his books for a long time, but a friend gave me this one so I thought I'd read it - something a little different (for me) for a change.

#35548 - 05/11/08 11:25 PM Re: Read any good books lately? [Re: Cookie]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Eagle, look when you wrote that post about TEARS! It's been nearly 2 years. Cookie brought this thread forward again. Cookie, what kind of books are these, esp. the ones by Cathy Lamb?

#35549 - 05/12/08 01:10 AM Re: Read any good books lately? [Re: Princess Lenora]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Yes, I am reading "The Last Lecture" By Randy Pausch and very sad , but inpiring book . If anyone has seen his story or about his life . He has cancer and not much longer to live . This book is not about dieing but how to live a better life . It is about 205 page book and a must read .

Some more thoughts ,

Renee

#35550 - 05/12/08 03:24 AM Re: Read any good books lately? [Re: Sadie]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
I'm currently finishing up 'Faking It' by Miller. Difficult read, but am so enjoying.

I'm not starting any others until my daughter and I get through the one she wants us to read together.

#35551 - 05/12/08 08:08 AM Re: Read any good books lately? [Re: gims]
Mountain Ash Offline

So many book that I have loved but may I add this.
Fanny Flag..
Welcome to the world baby girl

This book interested me..left me saddened by the race discrimination which was a shocking testimony of bad old days.
I would like to see the book made into a film but is the world ready for this?
Mountain ash

#35552 - 05/12/08 12:14 PM Re: Read any good books lately? [Re: Princess Lenora]
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
PL, all the books that I mentioned are fiction. But I think Rick Bragg's book is the third book of his memoir(non-fiction). I love books!

#35553 - 05/12/08 12:58 PM Re: Read any good books lately? [Re: Cookie]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
CrosstitchQ, did you read My Sister's Keeper, Jodi Picoult? I enjoyed that one.

Dierdre Purcell, who wrote Tell Me Your Secrets, is another writer I have enjoyed.

I've read all of Rick Bragg's books except this last one. I enjoy them, but he isn't one of my fav's.

Fannie Flagg is great. Such talent. I'm so jealous of her gift for writing!

#35554 - 05/12/08 01:24 PM Re: Read any good books lately? [Re: jawjaw]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Well, I don't know how intellectual they are, but I read
Marley and Me; Eat, Pray and Love; A Memorir of the Craft;
Reduce Me to Love; Stolen Innocence; Vinegar Hill; The Trip Beyond; A Touch of His Peace; Living History; Angela's Ashes;'Tis; Mother of Pearl; and Where Is God When It Hurts.

Edited by jabber (05/12/08 01:25 PM)

#35555 - 05/12/08 02:58 PM Re: Read any good books lately? [Re: jabber]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I just finished "The Alchemist" and thoroughly enjoyed it. Now I'm reading "When the Heart Waits" by Sue Monk Kidd, and Mitch Albom's "Tuesdays with Morrie".

Now that the new Narnia movie "Prince Caspian" is coming out, I'll probably read the entire series again. That's the good thing about a bad memory, even though I've read the Narnia books upteen times, when I read them again, it's as new and exciting as the first time!

Lynn, how quickly time flies. I still think your book is awesome and a must-read. And I still miss my Mom terribly. But I never did finish that other book, "The Time Traveler".

(Maya Angelou)

#35556 - 05/12/08 03:02 PM Re: Read any good books lately? [Re: Eagle Heart]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Jabber, who says it has to be intellectual? I think one should read what one enjoys. Truly! I even have friends who read that Sc-fi junk! LOL!

Eagle, do you absolutely LOVE Tuesdays with Morrie or what? What a great book. I've been disappointed in Sue Monk Kidd but everyone else seems to love her. So it's probably me.

Mom suggested a book, The Prisoner of Birth, by Jeffrey Archer but the library has a 28-day waiting list for that one...so it must be good.

I tried to get the No More Mondays someone suggested but there is a 14-day waiting list for that one! Wow...

Page 9 of 13 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved