The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 125 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12 13 >
Topic Options
#35497 - 11/03/04 08:09 AM Re: Read any good books lately?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Pam, I finished Prill's book. It was wonderful. What an inspiration.

I think her next book needs more of HER in it. She was so real! Enjoy it...

#35498 - 11/03/04 08:34 AM Re: Read any good books lately?
Queen Me Offline

Loc: Oklahoma
Prill's "Defying Gravity"

I loved it.

#35499 - 11/05/04 06:45 PM Re: Read any good books lately?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

You have to read Prill's book if you're a mid-life and considering what you're going to do with the rest of your life. The women in her book will inspire you to go for your dream! [Big Grin]

#35500 - 11/06/04 02:41 PM Re: Read any good books lately?
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
I loved ALL the stories in "Defying Gravity", but my favorite was Maureen's. I just find stories of successful people uplifting and inspiring - PERIOD. It's easy to just sit in the boat of life and allow the current to pull you along; but grabbing hold of an oar and trying to head upstream against the current - now THAT'S really living! [Wink] [Wink]

#35501 - 11/06/04 06:55 PM Re: Read any good books lately?
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Very well said, Pam!

#35502 - 11/11/04 03:51 AM Re: Read any good books lately?
Misfire Offline

Has anybody read Eats Shoots, and Leaves ?

I heard so much about it and couldn't wait to get my hands on it. What a disappointment! Every once and awhile I laugh at something in the book but most of the time I'm having trouble keeping my eyes open.

#35503 - 11/14/04 07:02 PM Re: Read any good books lately?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

I was t a writer's conference yesterday and an editor from Gotham/ Penguin was there. He metioned this book as being Gotham's big hit. I'm going to look for it and learn more next time I'm at BN. Did you get through it? Did it get any better?

#35504 - 11/15/04 08:59 AM Re: Read any good books lately?
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
I just finished reading P.M. Terrell's "Kickback". Lots of great suspense and for a first book, this was REALLY well written. I met Patricia at the book-signing I went to in October - in fact we shared a table. She had a LOT of "fans" come by who had read her books. She was selling both "Kickback" and "The China Conspiracy" (which I have but haven't read yet). I recommend "Kickback" though!

Also finished reading a collection of Southern short stories by another good friend, Janet Brice Parker, who self-published her book - it's called "The Ivy Stays Green". I found her stories poignant and well crafted.

Both P.M. Terrell's and Janet Parker's are available through links on my "Buy Books" page on my website.

#35505 - 11/27/04 11:09 PM Re: Read any good books lately?
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I finished reading Lisa Gardner's THE KILLING HOUR. What a story. It's a suspense/police procedural. Lot's of FBI working in it. I've never read her before and she's hooked me. I'll keep her books on my wish list.

I read Patricia Cornwell's BLOW FLY a couple of weeks ago. It wasn't up to her usual greatness. I hope it was just a one time thing. I'll read TRACE when it comes out in paperback.

Another new author I'm going to try is Cait London. Anyone ever read anything of hers? Not the romance stuff, but the mystery/suspense?

And, of course I've been reading Carolyn Howard-Johnson's THE FRUGAL BOOK PROMOTER. She's our featured author this month. What a great reference book full of helpful information about promoting your book.

#35506 - 11/28/04 12:33 AM Re: Read any good books lately?
Dian Offline

Loc: Moundsville, WV
Oooh, I got to read Killing Hour - sounds good! I have Carolyn's book on my wish-list.

Just finished all the Lee Child books featuring an ex-MP Jack Reacher.

Last week, I read a couple Kathy Reichs books (she is an anthropologist and works in both Canada and North Carolina like her heroine, studying bones to solve crimes).

And two books I received to review were good - Vanished by Ward Tanneburg and Firestorm by Jeanette Windle. They are both thrillers and 2nd in series. They are considered Christian fiction, but I think anyone would enjoy them who likes thrillers. The characters are Christians in the midst of dealing with terrorists, DEA, and more. Very well done.

Page 4 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12 13 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved