The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 128 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 13 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 13 >
Topic Options
#35517 - 12/04/04 03:51 AM Re: Read any good books lately?
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Maybe this is a late reply, but I am reading lots of books , but my favorite is "Margot Fonteyn ", by Meredith Daneman. Many years ago I saw her dance her in Baltimore at one the the theater . It was a wonderful privlage to see her dance . At the time I was studying Ballet also.

I have lots of books and love to read also.

Just some thoughts.

Nancy

#35518 - 12/20/04 05:43 PM Re: Read any good books lately?
Cagedbird Offline

Loc: usa
I enjoyed, "Skipping Christmas" by John Grisham. I read it in a day. A good short read [Cool]
Nancy, received my poetry book she ordered from me, "Enter Eve's Poetic Paradise." Hopefully she can give us a review! It is SOLD OUT now.
No more book signings the rest of the year, whew!

#35519 - 12/21/04 02:56 AM Re: Read any good books lately?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I have all of Christine Colliers books too and loved them and ladies they are all about women writers, funny and scary and very entertaining as well. Look for them. Of course I have a signed copy of Pams book and I am recommending it to my writers group for a next good read and discussion. Four of my favorite series books were written by Mary Freeman my teacher at The Long Ridge Writers chool they are Garden mysteries and fantastic reads. I make it a point to buy and read books by new author and especially ones I know trying to get started. I hope others will do that for me one day. [Wink]

#35520 - 01/03/05 05:41 AM Re: Read any good books lately?
jenniemouse Offline

Loc: California
I always like to have a book close at hand, and have a LARGE pile of books to be read!

The one I'm reading right now is "Destined to Witness" by Hans J. Massaquoi, the true story of his childhood and adolescence in Nazi Germany. What makes Massaquoi's story different is that he had a German mother and a Liberian father (his father left Germany soon after he was born), and faced prejudice and legal sanctions because of his obvious non-Aryan appearance. It's a remarkable story of survival. I'm two-thirds finished with the book.

#35521 - 02/03/05 11:28 AM Re: Read any good books lately?
Sigrid Macdonald Offline

Loc: Ottawa, Ontario
Hello, I'm reading A Complicated Kindness by Miriam Toews and it's excellent - funny, poignant and compelling. Also reading Time Traveler's Wife. I had trouble getting into it but I like it a lot now. Sigrid, fiction fan :-)

#35522 - 02/04/05 08:43 AM Re: Read any good books lately?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
If you want a relaxing and funny read, any of Catherine Todd's books are wonderful. She's a riot.

#35523 - 02/03/05 09:06 PM Re: Read any good books lately?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I love seeing what others are reading. Thanks for sharing.

I'm reading Lynn's book, After The Tears. It's quite a read. It's listed on the Boomer Books page of this site. She shares intimately from the heart about her abusive childhood and passage through healing. What an admirable woman full of courage and determination. I'm half way through and can't wait to get back to it. I've been taking in by her writing style. I feel like I'm present with her. I'm just loving getting to know her better. It's so much fun reading books written by friends!

#35524 - 02/06/05 05:00 PM Re: Read any good books lately?
unique Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Books, books, beautiful books!!
Just finished Flashpoint - Suzanne Brockmann. I love a chick who can write that awesome action adventure. Also appreciated her comment in the acknowledgement section, " When I write fiction, I can't read fiction....because I'm one of those readers who, when I start a good book, can't put the darn thing down until I reach the end." well, she sure nailed that one!
Just started Vein of Gold - Julia Cameron. This book may be of interest to a lot of us here in the forum. Note the following excerpts: "The Vein of Gold is a book of healing and rehabilitation. 'I've found you, but you've been beaten, battered, starved, malnourished, neglected, discounted, and disowned. I must restore you to health so we can have our adventures...' and 'Creative recovery is not an intellectual process. Our adult self merely "understands" a wound. Our creative artist, that inner creative child, must actually heal it.'" She is speaking of our creative processes as writers, artists, or craftsmen.
Also rereading Behind the Stories-Dian Eble. I love to read how the faith of these authors helped them in their writing careers.
I also started All I Did Was Ask- Terry Gross. Terry is the host of Fresh Air on Public Radio. This is a collection of some of her interviews with writers, artists, actors, and musicians.
[Smile] I wish I had a nickel for every book I've read. I'd be a Quad*zillion*aire !! [Wink]

#35525 - 02/06/05 07:25 PM Re: Read any good books lately?
Looking Up Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA
I just finished reading Your Best Life Now by Joel Osteen. A great book! I highly recommend it.

#35526 - 02/07/05 05:21 AM Re: Read any good books lately?
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
I love Evelyn Halls Poem book . I read a poem at night before I go to bed and they relax me a lot . It is a must buy. I highly recommend her book. Please buy .

thank you Evelyn Hall and write more poems for all of us. to enjoy! Please!

Page 6 of 13 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 13 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved