The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#37290 - 11/13/03 07:46 AM Re: Nov. 15, I love to write day
garrie keyman Offline

Loc: Lititz, PA
Dotsie -- saw your post about having an article to submit on adoption and was wondering at that. Are you an adoptive mom? We have an adopted daughter and are looking into more -- maybe from Kazakhstan. What is your article about?

As for sending submissions, I, too, sent out a bunch last week and the week before (I go in rounds -- marketing minded or creative minded -- I rarely write and market simultaneously). The "what" I sent out was some queries for my "Bedtime Stories for Reluctant Grown-Ups" and some poetry and other short stories.

I belong to IWWG and I often send to martkets and contests posted in the back of their newsletter, Network.

Anyway, I doubt I'll celebrate on the 15th by sending out more submissions but tell ya what -- any rejections I get on that day I'll frame! Okay?

I already received the first ones (they don't waste time!) but I'm sure more are a-comin'.

#37291 - 11/13/03 03:37 PM Re: Nov. 15, I love to write day
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Oooh! Oooh! <Lil waving hand frantically> Please send me freelancing women's links too! I definitely need inspiration!

Did I tell y'all about my recent adventures with Lulu.com? I concocted 3 "books" for my "store" on that site. I don't know if anyone will ever buy any of them, because 2 of them are novellas and the third is a 30-page collection of my shorter short stories... I came up with a half-price sale on them, so that the curious can just treat my stuff like a cup of coffee at Starbuck's (well, that's probably less than a Starbuck's)... Y'all, please just check it out and tell me what you think... honestly, am I spitting into the wind, or does this seem like a good, kookie idea? You can tell me honestly if this seems like a really, rally dumb idea....

http://www.lulu.com/lillianowl

Blessings,
Lil

#37292 - 11/13/03 05:05 PM Re: Nov. 15, I love to write day
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Garrie, we have two adopted children and one birth child. I've written about them in here before, just can't remember which forum.

Our adopted children are from Korea. After we had our second child's picture, while waiting for her arrival, I (somehow) [Eek!] became pregnant. In a panicked state I called our social worker and made her promise that with my news we would still be able to get our daughter from Korea...and she was kind enough to allow that. [Big Grin] Amazing how that one little social worker had so much impact on our family! Had she said no I don't know what we would have done. We carried our daughter's picture everywhere and had already named her.

She was our Christmas baby, arriving on Dec. 21st. and our youngest was due in July, but was late and was born August 1st. We have Irish twins. [Razz] Well sorta!

[ November 13, 2003, 09:09 AM: Message edited by: Dotsie ]

#37293 - 11/13/03 05:13 PM Re: Nov. 15, I love to write day
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Lil,
I say go for it. I think it's a shame though that you have to sell them for $2.00.

The way I look at it though is this:
YOu never know who looks at those sites. Perhaps publishers or agents poke around the internet to find new writiers. Can you read your work from that site?

#37294 - 11/13/03 11:13 PM Re: Nov. 15, I love to write day
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Ladies, try www.thewriterslife.net

The site owner, Dorothy Thompson has a link for paying markets. Great information. Check it out.

#37295 - 11/14/03 12:07 AM Re: Nov. 15, I love to write day
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
gee...this should probably be on the recommended site as well, huh?

#37296 - 11/14/03 12:21 AM Re: Nov. 15, I love to write day
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
yuuuhooooo....I just visited that site and guess who has an article featured there! YEP! OUR DOTSIE! You go girl! I loved the article!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved