The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 141 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#37674 - 07/20/04 03:15 AM Re: Poetry Anyone????
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Hi Pam,

As you know, I sent the call for poems out to 8 individuals one at a time because I couldn't figure out how to do it via bulk mailing. Well, I just figured it. I put all the info into a word document and pasted it into an email.

Since some of the folks on my list also have extensive mailing lists, this effectively has just reached at least 200 more people.

#37675 - 07/20/04 01:04 PM Re: Poetry Anyone????
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
Thanks so much Meredith! You are a doll....Your friends are sending me some really wonderful work. I very much appreciate the help in getting the word out. I posted an ad on Writers-World (again) last week and I'm starting to get some response from that as well. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

THANKS AGAIN Meredith...... [Wink]

#37676 - 07/20/04 04:39 PM Re: Poetry Anyone????
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Way to network ladies! [Big Grin]

#37677 - 07/20/04 11:26 PM Re: Poetry Anyone????
Pam Kimmell Offline

Indeed Dotsie....the Boomer Network Motto: "Women Helping Women Helping Women" a TRUE daisy chain of caring.

[Cool]

#37678 - 07/21/04 01:57 AM Re: Poetry Anyone????
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Just happy to be able to help however I can! [Smile]

For the record -- for ANYONE in the Forum -- I run poetry programs and many of the people on my mailing list also run programs, or edit poetry publications. If everyone on my list daisy chains the email, 200 people recieving it is a LOW estimate!! [Cool]

-- so if you need poetry submissions (not children's and not faith-based. I think that's another "circle") email me directly with the particulars and I'll get the word out. [Big Grin]

#37679 - 09/14/04 06:37 AM Re: Poetry Anyone????
Julie Offline

Loc: Australia
Any update on Cosmic Brownies, Pam?

#37680 - 09/14/04 02:11 PM Re: Poetry Anyone????
Pam Kimmell Offline

Hi Ladies....a bit of an update on "Cosmic Brownies"....I have 132 poems now collected for the anthology. The publisher wanted 150 but I sent her a note last night "suggesting" (!!) that perhaps we might just go ahead and put this baby to bed (so to speak) because I personally would like to see the anthology printed and "out there" before the holidays. I haven't heard back from her yet but I'm hopeful she will TAKE THE HINT.

I know it seems like FOREVER since those of you who have participated/contributed sent in your work for this anthology - but these things take time to come together I guess. "Cosmic Brownies" was one of four anthologies that were being put together. The anthologies were in addition to a number of other poetry collections from authors that they were working on. Of course I think (tee hee) that "Cosmic Brownies" should have PRIORITY - but hey - who am I????????? [Confused]

Hang in there ladies...hopefully we are rounding the final corner and "Brownies" will be available SOONER rather than LATER. [Wink]

#37681 - 09/14/04 04:59 PM Re: Poetry Anyone????
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Pam, I hear ya about the time it takes to put together anthologies!

By now I could have had the book finished, but what's taking so long is the positioning and "platform" building that publishers require.

Who is putting those anthologies together? Do they have a website?

#37682 - 09/14/04 11:51 PM Re: Poetry Anyone????
Pam Kimmell Offline

Amen Dotsie! Yes indeedy....most of MY job to this point has just been accepting/rejecting contributions (which isn't always easy of course). Now I'm to put a Table of Contents together and try to categorize the poetry - waiting now to get the publisher's "vision" for that!

This is a division of Sun Books called Sun Rising Poetry Press. They are going great guns - probably growing too fast too since they seem to have bitten off a bit more than they can comfortably chew right now. They are doing books, collections, anthologies, chapbooks - but because they STARTED with poetry, and because there were so few publishers concentrating on poetry - they have been overwhelmed with projects.

You can visit them at http://www.sun-rising-poetry.com/

Julie pointed out to me in an email today that Maya Angelou is listed as a contributor for the collection I've been working on - I can only assume she sent something directly to the publisher OR we've gotten her permission to do a reprint of something. Pretty neat!!
[Big Grin]

#37683 - 09/15/04 12:36 AM Re: Poetry Anyone????
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Pam, I emailed them with some questions about a poetry book. I don't think any of poems would quite fit into the Cosmic Brownies. My stuff is mostly nostalgic or baby boomer related. At least my newer poetry. My older poetry, which might have to do with lessons I've learned are rhyming poems. [Confused]
Louisa

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved