The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 154 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#38408 - 09/06/04 09:51 PM Re: New and encouraged!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Welcome TVC and Bluerose. Yes, this is a great place to be. I'm an aspiring writer as well. Good luck in your endeavor. This forum, as you've probably noticed already, is wealthy with info and support.

Sheree

#38409 - 09/07/04 12:22 AM Re: New and encouraged!
bluerose62 Offline

Thank you ALL for your warm welcomes and encouraging words!!! I feel at home already, and can't wait to getting to know your names and more about you. It's neat to have a lot of the same reference points like we do, and so refreshing to hear about things I might actually understand...unlike the usual conversations with my kids! Right now I'm working on a couple of projects, while setting up my new website. Without having published a book yet, I don't know how interesting the site's going to be, but I'm hopeful! My husband took the kids to visit family in Pennsylvania last Thursday, so I've been using this alone time to set up my home office, organizing computer stuff, and other things I can't get away with when everyone is here...like stay up till 4 AM surfing! I have the bags under my eyes to show for it, although I would have preferred a less noticable prize! Thanks again, ladies, and have a nice rest of the day! Janice [Smile]

#38410 - 09/08/04 02:52 PM Re: New and encouraged!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Bluerose,
I didn't get the chance to say welcome to the boards, so WELCOME! Do you have your office all set up? I envy you so! I wish I could stay home and write. Say...you wouldn't want to adopt a slightly overweight, yet jolly older child...would ya? Okay, I lied...but I'm working on the overweight thing...okay, I lied again...but the chocolate was just sitting there staring at me...what was I suppose to do?

Anyway, let us know how your office organizing is going. Lord do I EVER need to do that!

JJ

#38411 - 09/08/04 03:37 PM Re: New and encouraged!
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Welcome TVC15 and Bluerose!
I'm sure you'll enjoy this wonderful forum. Glad you joined us!

#38412 - 09/08/04 04:20 PM Re: New and encouraged!
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Thank you all for the warm welcome, I'm glad to be here with you. I've been self-teaching myself this "writing thing" and sure appreciate finding a bunch of ladies like yourselves to help me out. Now I don't feel so alone anymore! I don't know about you but my family, though supportive, don't really seem to get it. They get all excited when I have a victory but during the slow times I get the feeling that they think I'm wasting my time.

#38414 - 09/08/04 09:03 PM Re: New and encouraged!
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
Thanks for asking!! I am reading that book right now as I received information about it from somewhere on the net (who knows). I am still waiting for the first 50 books to get here. I will probably never do POD again, at least not from Australia. It hasn't been good dealing with long distance strictly e-mail, and taking so long to ship.

Thanks so much for recommending the book, haven't gotten through it totally, since I don't have the books yet, I haven't been in any hurry!!

Sherri

#38415 - 09/08/04 09:15 PM Re: New and encouraged!
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Welcome Bluerose, you've joined a great group here at BWS.

Writing about life experiences is what it's all about, we're non-judgemental and love to share.

If you have any writing questions there are many here who can help answer.

Peace.

#38416 - 09/14/04 05:59 AM Re: New and encouraged!
Queen Me Offline

Loc: Oklahoma
Hi! I'm new to the group too. I visited with Dotsie about a month ago and am just now getting around to getting on board.

I'm 41! Have been claiming writing as a profession since I was 40:). Of course, I've been at it much longer than that, but wasn't brave enough to say so!! Working on a book...actually found this website through my research.

Anyway, looking forward to participating!

#38417 - 09/14/04 09:06 PM Re: New and encouraged!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Allyn,

Nutin' does this old Queen's heart better than to see a sistah Queen make an appearance....do come on in and share with us all about your book. What's the theme? Is it published? If so, where can we view it? If not, when can we expect to see/read it? Give it up girlfriend! Tell us more.

Hugs from da Queen Mother, JJ

#38418 - 09/14/04 11:16 PM Re: New and encouraged!
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
I was a little worried about this double Queen situation, I'm glad to see that you are okay with it Queen JawJaw! I suppose deep inside we all want to be the queen, once in a while.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved